Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership and Professional Studies Goals
Goals of the Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership and Professional Studies:
- To provide a research-based education program to develop innovative and ethical school and community leaders
- To offer a program that is flexible and is designed for working practitioners to expand their practice and leadership skills through concentrated interdisciplinary coursework and research
- To promote a deep professional commitment to an interdisciplinary approach to leadership through the application of practical research skills and ethical decision-making in service to others
- To prepare candidates who can make significant contributions to their field of knowledge through applied research
- To provide a supportive and collaborative learning environment that encourages candidates to develop as scholars and researchers.
This doctoral program is approved by the Pennsylvania State Department of Education and is fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.