Postgraduate Certificate Program in School Counseling
This program is designed for the prospective student with a master’s degree in counseling who wishes to obtain the additional coursework required to become certified as an elementary and/or secondary school counselor. To be eligible for this program, the applicant must have:
- Obtained a master’s degree in counseling from an accredited institution of higher education
- Submitted an application form with a non-refundable application fee of $25
- Submitted official transcripts of all graduate work
- Completed a personal interview with program faculty
- After acceptance into the program the applicant must meet with the Program Director or designee. The purpose of this meeting is to review the applicant’s educational and career history, review course requirements, and if the applicant is recommended for acceptance, to create an educational plan with him or her.