Postgraduate Licensure Program
This program is designed to assist practicing master-level counselors gain the additional educational requirements for licensure eligibility. To be eligible for this program the applicant must have:
- Obtained a 48-credit master’s degree in counseling or a field closely related to the practice of professional counseling from an accredited institution of higher education. The master’s program must have included a practicum or internship and should have included coursework in five of the following areas: human growth and development, social and cultural foundations, helping relationships, group work, career and lifestyle development, appraisal, research and program evaluation, professional orientation, and clinical instruction
- Submitted an application form with a non-refundable application fee of $25
- Submitted official transcripts of all graduate work
- Completed a personal interview with program faculty
- After acceptance into the program the applicant must meet with the Program Director or designee. The purpose of this meeting is to review the applicant’s educational and career history, review course requirements, and, if the applicant is recommended for acceptance, to create an educational plan with him or her.