Travel Expense and Reimbursement Policy
Authorization and Reimbursement Procedures
All travel costs must be approved in advance. It is the responsibility of the Department Head/School Dean to verify that there are budget funds available. There will be no reimbursement for unauthorized travel and travel costs.
Step # 1
- Employee completes Travel Authorization Form
- Employee submits Form to Department Head/Dean for approval
- Form should be returned to employee
THIS FORM SHOULD ACCOMPANY ALL REQUEST FOR REIMBURSEMENT OR CASH ADVANCES
- Employee makes travel arrangements.
- The University will prepay travel and/or conference expenses by check or university credit card.
- Requests for payment must have Travel Authorization Form attached.
- Expenses prepaid by the employee will be reimbursed at the completion of the trip.
- Upon completion of travel a Travel Reconciliation Form must be submitted to the business office.
- Travel reconciliations must be filed, with all required documentation, within ten business days of the completion of the trip.
- Employees will receive reimbursement within one week of receipt of completed paperwork.