Holy Family University is proud to offer students a highly supportive learning environment that values their personal and professional goals. Students in our Psychology program thrive in our small yet challenging learning environment. We believe in educating beyond the classroom and providing opportunities for hands-on experience, which is a key component of your college education.
What Can You Do With This Major?
Many students have gone on to pursue graduate study in psychology. Others have found jobs at psychiatric hospitals, community mental health centers, schools, and corporations. Students who choose psychology are well prepared for careers in:
• Clinical and Counseling Psychology
• Family Therapy
• Human Resources
As a psychobiology major, you will combine studies in psychology and biology, with major classes in Biological Principles, Anatomy & Physiology, Genetics, Molecular Genetics, Physiological Psychology, and Research Methods.
Psychology students can gain real-world experience through Holy Family’s nationally recognized co-op and internship program.
Some of the companies our students have worked with include:
• Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP)
• Drexel University College of Medicine
• Equilibria Psychological & Consultation Services
• Livengren Counseling Center
• Lovaas Institute for Children
• Ortho-McNeill Pharmaceuticals
• University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
• Public Relations
• Social Work