An Emergency situation may include:
- unconsciousness, allergic reactions, seizure, bodily injury, illness
- self-inflicted serious bodily harm
- identified clear physical danger to others (with or without a weapon)
- suicide attempt/reasonable probability that a suicide attempt will be made
- Significant self-mutilation
- Barricade or hostage situation
- Inability to care for one's basic needs (i.e., food, clothing, and shelter)
What to do in an EMERGENCY SITUATION:
Notify Holy Family University Security at 267-341-3333 (NEP), 267-341-4011 (Newtown), or 267-341-5000 (Bensalem)
Notify Director of Health Services at 267-341-3262 and Security at 267-341-3333 (NEP), 267-341-4011 (Newtown) or 267-341-5000 (Bensalem)
If you perceive the Emergency to be life threatening, dial 911 and give complete details of the emergency.
- Notify security
- State your name, current location, and that this is an Emergency situation.
- Briefly describe the situation.
- Security will contact Director of Counseling Center and/or Director of Health Services to assist, and, in the case of a University resident, contact the Residence Life Professional on call.
- Security and, when present, Director of Counseling Center and/or Director of Health Services will determine to either transport or contact 911.
PROCEDURE FOR OTHER EMERGENCIES
- Contact Security at 267-341-3333 (NEP), 4011 (Newtown), 5000 (Bensalem), and/or 911.
- Remain calm and create as non-disruptive a situation as possible.
- Dismiss class or other on-going activity if necessary.
- If necessary to contact security in secret, please use code word BLUE and describe your location