Pre-Professional Programs Course Requirements
All concentration requirements must be taken in addition to the core requirements.
- ARTS 213 - Art History: Ancient to Renaissance
- ARTS 214 - Art History: Renaissance to Modern
- ARTS 217 - Sculpture I
- ARTS 221 - Introduction to Art Therapy
- ARTS 223 - Two Dimensional Design*
- ARTS 224 - Three Dimensional Design*
- ARTS 225 - Drawing & Composition
- ARTS 226 - Drawing from the Model
- ARTS 319 - Painting I
- ARTS 321 - Ceramics I
- ARTS 325/ 326 - Seminar in Art History
- ARTS 327 - Advanced Studio Art III
- ARTS 427 - Research Seminar**
- PSYC 201 - General Psychology
- PSYC 206 - Child and Adolescent Development
- PSYC 401 - Abnormal Psychology*** Psychology Elective
*ART 223 & 224 are prerequisite requirements for all majors.
**If the opportunity arises for field placements as a cooperative education component for a specific clinic population, Senior Practicum will be given in place of research Seminar.
***Prerequisite: PSYC 201. In order to address the broad liberal arts base, it is recommended that no more than 3 credit hours within social sciences be applied to psychology.
Six credits of art electives chosen from among the following:
- ARTS 210 - Watercolor I
- ARTS 218 - Sculpture II
- ARTS 219 - Stained Glass Techniques I
- ARTS 320 - Painting II
- ARTS 323 - Printmaking I
- ARTS 431-499 - Special Topics
Pre-Chiropractic, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Physical Therapy