Accounting is an excellent career for students with good math abilities, strong computer skills, and the ability to analyze and present complex financial information. The accounting program at Holy Family University prepares students for entry-level positions in corporate, government, or public accounting, emphasizing an overall global business perspective and understanding of business ethics and standards of social responsibility for the profession.
For students seeking the designation of certified public accountant (CPA), we offer an optional 18 to 21 credits in elective courses to help you qualify for the exam in states that require 150 college credits.
Built upon a foundation of liberal arts, the Mission of the School of Business Administration is to deliver high quality business education, in a student centered environment that fosters leadership, global and multicultural awareness, and social responsibility.
Graduates of the School will possess functional knowledge in the business disciplines and the ability to:
- Lead ethically,
- Communicate effectively,
- Think critically,
- Utilize business technology,
- Solve problems,
- Work in teams, and
- Manage change.
The School is committed to academic excellence and continuous improvement.
- To develop professional competency in Accounting with an overall global business perspective for entry into public, government, or private accounting;
- To deepen students’ knowledge of specialized areas in the field;
- To integrate the study of Accounting with current economic and business theory, practice, and technology;
- To install an understanding of business ethics and the social responsibility of the profession.