Lia Van Rijswijk
MSN, RN, CWCN
MSN, Public Health, LaSalle University, School of Nursing
BSN & Nursing Education Certification, LaSalle University, School of Nursing
Registered Nurse University of Rotterdam Medical Center School of Nursing, The Netherlands
Wound, Ostomy and Incontinence Care Certification, University of Dusseldorf, Germany
Community / Public Health Nursing
Wound Prevention and Care
Learning is a life-long journey and an essential component of being a professional nurse. A professional nurse knows about all new developments that affect the health and wellbeing of individuals, families as well as local and global communities. Formal education should prepare nurses to continue asking the right questions.
1. van Rijswijk, L, Beitz JM. (2013) Creating a Pressure Ulcer Prevention Algorithm: Systematic Review and Face Validation. Ostomy Wound Mangement 59(11):28-40
2. van Rijswijk, L. (2013) Measuring wounds to improve outcomes. Am J Nursing 113(8):60-61
3. Beitz, JM, van Rijswijk L. (2012) Content validation of algorithms to guide negative pressure wound therapy in adults with acute or chronic wounds:a cross-sectional study. Ostomy Wound Management 58(9):32-40. pp.32-40
4. Beitz JM, van Rijswijk L. (2012). Development and validation of an Interactive, Multimedia Wound Care Algorithms program. Journal Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing 39(1):23-34.
5. van Rijswijk L. Eisenberg M. (2012). Wound assessment. In: Krasner, D, Rodeheaver GT, Sibbald, RG. (Eds) Chronic Wound Care, (5th Ed). Wayne, PA.: Health Management Communications, LLC.
For the past 15 years I have served as the Clinical Editor for the multi-disciplinary journal Ostomy Wound Management (http://www.o-wm.com/editorial-board) and am a contributing editor for the American Journal of Nursing (http://journals.lww.com/ajnonline/Pages/AbouttheJournal.aspx).
The ultimate purpose of educating health professionals, conducting research, as well as the process of upholding journalistic standards in scientific publishing is to improve the evidence we use to practice.