Holy Family University's Family Center will present two free workshop series during the months of October and November, which promote the "Value of Family."
The Parenting Workshop will guide parents/guardians/caretakers to love, guide, and teach their children the art of loving and serving others in the manner which they do within their own families. These sessions will assist parents/guardians/caretakers to better understand their present way of parenting and offer them alternative ways of recognizing the needs of their children at each stage of development, while nurturing each child's self-esteem and enhancing their own parenting skills.
The Retirement Workshop will explore the physical, social, cultural, wellness and generational transformations being experienced by many of our senior friends and family members. Approaches to wellness and holistic strategies will be examined to identify influences on aging well. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with University faculty and credentialed guest speakers to evaluate and to assess the twenty-first century "retirement party."
To register for any of the following sessions, contact Christine O'Neill at email@example.com or 267-341-3407. All sessions are held at Holy Family University, Philadelphia Campus, 9801 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19114 in the Campus Center, Room 115.
Free Parenting Sessions
All sessions are 7:00–9:00 pm. Upon completion of the six (6) sessions, participants will receive ;a certificate of attendance. Participants are welcome to attend as few or as many sessions as they desire. Free child care is available upon request for children ages 3 and older.
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015 - Parenting to Empower Children
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - The Family Circle
- Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - Stop! Look! Listen!
- Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - Discipline in an Ever-Changing Environment
- Wednesday, November 4, 2015 - Family: Child's Secure Base
- Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - Family Feuds: Understanding Sibling Rivalry
Happy Days: Retirement Party and Beyond
All sessions are 7:00–9:00 pm. Upon completion of the six (6) sessions, participants will receive a certificate of attendance. Participants are welcome to attend as few or as many sessions as they desire.
- Thursday, October 8, 2015 - The Mature Adult
- Thursday, October 15, 2015 - Practical Planning
- Thursday, October 22, 2015 - Growing Old Together: Assisting our Partners & Parents with Respect
- Thursday, October 29, 2015 - Supportive Services
- Thursday, November 5, 2015 - Healthy Nutrition
- Thursday, November 12, 2015 - Connecting with Technology