Holy Family Purchasing Card Program
The Holy Family University Purchasing Card (PCard) program provides an efficient and effective method of purchasing and paying for goods with a value of less than $2,500 and will replace the purchase order, purchase requisition or payment authorization forms.
The PCard program does not circumvent University policies and procedures. PCards will be issued to individuals with the approval of the Department Budget Officer and the Controller's office. An individual must sign the Cardholder Responsibility form and receive training on the PCard program.
Cardholders are accountable for the proper use of University funds. Although the card is issued in the name of the cardholder, it remains the property of the University and may be rescinded at any time. Use of the card is restricted to the types of purchases described in this guide.
How it works
- Cardholder makes an authorized business-related purchase by charging it on their PNC Bank PCard
- Cardholder must upload or scan and email the receipt along with any additional documentation
- Each cardholder will be assigned a default account charge number for all PCard purchases
- Cardholder reviews PCard transactions on line at least weekly
- Cardholder reconciles receipts with the on line statement
- The PCard manager for each department reviews and approves the cardholder transactions on line, verifying the general ledger account charge, the business purpose and the supporting documentation
- Cardholder must keep original receipts and supporting documentation, detail reports, etc., for audit purposes