Holy Family University is proud to offer students a highly supportive learning environment that values their personal and professional goals. Students in our History program thrive in our small yet challenging learning environment. We believe in educating beyond the classroom and providing opportunities for hands-on experience, which is a key component of your college education.
What can you do with this major?
In addition to those students who go on to pursue studies in graduate programs and careers in education, many of our history graduates have found careers as:
- Congressional Aides
- Foreign Service Officers
- Foundation Staffers
- Information Specialists
History majors will study a wide array of world and American history topics and participate in advanced seminars in historiography and historical methods.
Some of the courses you will take include:
- History of Pennsylvania
- The Middle East in Modern Times
- Social Movements in History
- History of Latin America
- Medieval Life and Thought
- American Colonial History
- Modern European Thought
- Women in America
History students can gain real-world experience through Holy Family University’s nationally recognized co-op and internship program.
Some of the companies our students have worked with include:
- Clean Air Council
- Glen Foerd on the Delaware
- Patrick Murphy - U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Dept. of the Treasury
- Washington Crossing Historic Park
Due to their excellent education, many of our history graduates have wonderful success stories in careers that stretch the boundaries of the expected.
Here are just a few of the positions our recent graduates hold:
- Executive Director, Central Florida SPCA
- Director AdvancementResearch, Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Human Resources Manager, Reynolds Flexible Packaging
- Intelligence Agents
- Legal Assistants
- Public Relations Staffers