Frequently Asked Questions

For Parents of Enrolled Students
Q: Why can’t I talk directly to the professor about my child’s grades?
A: Professors can’t speak directly to you based on the regulations set forth by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA):

Q: What is WebAdvisor and how do I login?
A: WebAdvisor is Holy Family’s online registration system. It is used to look up when classes are offered and to register for classes. To login to WebAdvisor, go to Click on “Students” and then click on “Login.” Your username is your email address (without the “”), and your password is the same as your email password. If you have trouble logging into WebAdvisor or need to have your password reset, please contact the Help Desk at (267) 341-3402.

Q: What is a Student ID and where does my son/daughter get it?
A: A Holy Family University ID card identifies your child as a member of the University community. All current students must have a University ID card, otherwise known as the Tiger Tag. Tiger Tags are available through the Office of Public Safety, located in the Campus Center Lobby, or at the Newtown Front Desk.

The Tiger Tag is the official photo identification of the University and should be carried at all times. Your child’s Tiger Tag provides him/her with building access, bookstore rentals, and much more. Students also have the option of adding flex dollars to their Tiger Tag card. Flex dollars are available to students, staff, and faculty members and may be used anywhere the Tiger Tag is accepted (bookstore, vending, Tiger Café, Cub Café, etc.).

Tiger Tags are non-transferable. Only the person whose photo is on the card will be permitted to spend funds from the account associated with the card. There is no charge for a student’s initial ID card. However, there is a $10 fee for the replacement of any lost ID.

Q: How does my son/daughter get their Holy Family email?
A: After a student registers for the first semester, the student’s email address and temporary password are mailed to them in a letter from the University’s Registrar’s Office. If a student ever needs a new copy of the letter, they can go to the Registrar’s Office, located in Holy Family Hall Room 205, and request one.

Q:  What is the emergency number for school closings?
A: Emergency and snow closings are broadcast on KYW 1060 AM Radio and listed on the Holy Family Webpage. The phone number for emergency and snow closings is (215) 637-7700. (Philadelphia Campus: 124-Day, 2124-Evening; Newtown: 784-Day, 2784-Evening; Bensalem: 144-Day; 2029-Evening)

Q: How do I find the University’s schedule of holiday closings, etc.?
A: Information regarding semester start and end dates, holiday closings, etc. can be found on our Academic Calendar.

Q: Is there an ATM on campus?
A: Yes, there is an ATM located in the Campus Center, next to the Tiger Café.

Financial Aid
Q: How is financial aid determined?
A: "Need" is the difference between your family contribution as determined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the total cost of the University for one year. The Financial Aid Office will analyze your situation carefully to find the best way to award you a combination of grant, scholarship, loan, and work-study programs to enable you to attend Holy Family University. Your "need" will be greater at more expensive universities and this, in turn, will qualify you for more aid. Based on this formula, Holy Family University may require less money from your family than you might expect.

For additional information regarding financial aid, please click here. (Take them to the financial aid FAQ’s section within Financial Aid)

Q:  How do I find out about the status of my financial aid?
A:  To inquire about the status of your financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office at (267) 341-3233.

For additional information regarding financial aid, please click here. (Take them to the financial aid FAQ’s section within Financial Aid)

For Parents Whose Child is Considering Holy Family University (Admissions)
Q: When is the application deadline for admission?
A: There is no deadline for applications; we have rolling admissions. However, we do advise students to apply in the fall of their senior year.

Q: I want to know about requirements for admission?
A: We look at many factors and try to assess how a student may be successful in our type of learning environment.  Our average SAT score for incoming freshmen is 950 (critical reading and math combined) and the average GPA is a 3.1. For transfer students, nursing majors must have at least a 3.0 GPA while a 2.5 is acceptable for other majors.

Q: What are your tuition and fees?
A: Click this link for most up-to-date tuition and fees:

Q: Do you offer Co-ops or Internships?
A: Cooperative Education and Internships are available for all majors. The majors of Nursing, Radiography, and Education have their own specific requirements for practical field experience that are incorporated into their programs.

Q: What kind of on-campus living accommodations does Holy Family have for resident students?
A: Holy Family provides two distinct residential-living experiences: a residence hall and independent apartments. First-year students selected to participate in the residential–living program are guaranteed housing for two years. Housing beyond two years is limited and subject to availability. All first year resident students will be placed in St. Joseph Hall. After the first year, these students may choose to remain in St. Joseph Hall or they can choose to live in one of the University’s Duplex Apartments, subject to availability. For more information about on campus residence, click here (goes to XXXX)

Q: When do I sign up for a meal plan?
A: Resident Students are able to select their meal plan during their Housing Selection Process. Students are able to change their meal plan at anytime up until the second week of the semester. We have a number of options available to select based on which housing assignment students choose. Commuter Students have multiple options available to them and can sign up at the business office. To find out about meal plan options offered, please review the dining services website.

Q: Do I have to be on a meal plan?
A: Yes, resident students must choose a meal plan, but there are varied options to best meet the varying needs of our students.