Benefits of a Credential File
One of the primary benefits of obtaining a university education is having the ability to provide resources when employers ask for your references. A letter from one of your professors or instructors can help in creating a picture of your character, potential and proficiencies. We encourage you to start a file and to keep it filled.
Some of the pluses of a Credential File:
- These offer a great way of keeping all of your letters of recommendation from FACULTY MEMBERS ONLY on file in a safe place.
- Please note: Letters are kept on file for 6 years after you graduate. After 6 years they are discarded.
- All letters will look professional and will appear on Holy Family University letterhead.
- You can obtain copies of your original letters of recommendation at any time before the 6-year deadline.
- At your request, we can accommodate immediate employer or graduate schools requests.
Procedure for Opening a Credential File:
- Click on the credential services registration form below and complete the form.
- After completing the online credential service registration form please print it out and bring it to the Careers Center located on the second floor of the Campus Center room 216.
- Remember to ask Faculty members if they will sign a letter of recommendation on your behalf BEFORE you have them sign the form.
- Pink reminder letters will be sent out automatically from the Careers Center to faculty.