- Wed. 1/31 - Psychology & Criminal Justice Employer Panel Discussion | CC 115, 12:50 pm
- Students connect/network with employers within their field.
- Students learn from employers what qualifies; interviewing skills, etc. are needed for them to be a qualified candidate.
- Students get one-on-one time with employers after the event.
- Mon. 2/19 - Networking: Learn How Social Media Can Help You Find a Job | CC 115, 12:50 pm
- Students learn effective networking techniques and how to be able to apply them immediately.
- Students learn social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, where many employers recruit candidates from.
- Students learn how to write their own Business Card. This is handy when speaking to people in everyday life situations.
- Students learn that the majority of employers who hire qualified candidates hire from networking alone, and not through advertised jobs.
- Wed. 2/28 - Become the Recruiter/Interviewer: Learn Vital Things Needed on a Resume | CC 115, 12:50 pm
- Students use a Resume Rubric to determine what the best resume is to interview candidates for their company.
- Mon. 3/19 - 10 Best Job Hunting APPS to Get Your Hired Workshop | CC 115, 12:50 pm
- The best job apps are identified so students can download them on their cell phone. This is very useful and beneficial to help in their job search.
- Wed. 4/4 - Greater Philadelphia Teacher Job Fair, Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks
- Location/Time: 100 Station Ave. Oaks, PA 19456, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Over 100 employers attending
- Tickets on sale NOW for $5, $10 at the door. Stop by the Careers Center in CC 214.
- Mon. 4/4 - Nursing Employer Panel Discussion | CC 115, 12:50 pm to 1:50 pm
- Employers: Bayada Home Care, Patient First, Einstein Healthcare Network, Fox Chase Cancer Center/Jeanes Hospital, Scribe America, and United States Navy (Nurse Candidacy Program)
- Mon. 4/16 - Career Fair Preparation Workshop | CC 115, 12:50 pm to 1:50 pm
- Students will learn the 4-step process on how to successfully prepare for the HFU Spring Career Fair.
- Students will learn how to successfully put a resume together.
- Students will learn the professional code for success (What to wear and what not to wear).
- Students will learn what Ice-Breakers are when meeting/greeting employers in a professional manner.
- Wed. 4/18 - Holy Family University Spring Career Fair: All Majors | CC Lobbies, 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- All majors will be represented at the Spring Career Fair.
- Students/alumni will be attending to obtain Full-Time and Part-Time employment.
- Students/alumni will be networking, making connections with employers to learn about job opportunities within their major.
- Thu. 4/19 - Business Employer Panel Discussion | Bensalem Campus Room W4, 12:50 pm to 1:50 pm
To attend any workshops or panel discussions please RSVP by contacting Don Brom, Careers Center Director at 267-341-3224 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.