- Wed. 1/31 - Psychology & Criminal Justice Employer Panel Discussion | CC 115, 12:50 pm
- Students connect/network with employers within their field.
- Students learn from employers what qualifies; interviewing skills, etc. are needed for them to be a qualified candidate.
- Students get one-on-one time with employers after the event.
- Mon. 2/19 - Networking: Learn How Social Media Can Help You Find a Job | CC 115, 12:50 pm
- Students learn effective networking techniques and how to be able to apply them immediately.
- Students learn social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, where many employers recruit candidates from.
- Students learn how to write their own Business Card. This is handy when speaking to people in everyday life situations.
- Students learn that the majority of employers who hire qualified candidates hire from networking alone, and not through advertised jobs.
- Wed. 2/28 - Become the Recruiter/Interviewer: Learn Vital Things Needed on a Resume | CC 115, 12:50 pm
- Students use a Resume Rubric to determine what the best resume is to interview candidates for their company.
- Mon. 3/19 - 10 Best Job Hunting APPS to Get Your Hired Workshop | CC 115, 12:50 pm
- The best job apps are identified so students can download them on their cell phone. This is very useful and beneficial to help in their job search.
- Wed. 3/21 - Nursing Employer Panel Discussion | CC 115, 12:50 pm
- Students have a great opportunity to connect with employers within their field of Nursing.
- Wed. 4/4 - Greater Philadelphia Teacher Job Fair, Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks
- Location/Time: 100 Station Ave. Oaks, PA 19456, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Over 100 employers attending
- Tickets on sale NOW for $5, $10 at the door. Stop by the Careers Center in CC 214.
- Mon. 4/16 - Career Fair Preparation Workshop | CC 115, 12:50 pm
- Students will learn the 4-step process on how to successfully prepare for the HFU Spring Career Fair.
- Students will learn how to successfully put a resume together.
- Students will learn professional code for success (What to wear and what not to wear).
- Students will learn what Ice-Breakers are when meeting/greeting employers in a professional manner.
- Wed. 4/18 - Holy Family University Spring Career Fair: All Majors | CC Lobbies, 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- All majors will be represented at the Spring Career Fair.
- Students/alumni will be attending to obtain Full-Time and Part-Time employment.
- Students/alumni will be networking, making connections with employers to learn about job opportunities within their major.
To attend any workshops or panel discussions please RSVP by contacting Don Brom, Careers Center Director at 267-341-3224 or via email at email@example.com.