Financial Aid Counselor
Posted: May 24, 2022
Financial Aid Counselor
The Financial Aid area is a fast-paced, time sensitive office, focused on servicing our students and the campus community, in a warm and welcoming manner. The financial aid counselor is a member of the Enrollment Management team and must demonstrate a service centric orientation, and be dedicated to student success from admissions through graduation. This role may be responsible for documentation, serve as a work study coordinator, as well as responsible for verifying and awarding financial aid in compliance with established guidelines.
The employee also counsels’ students and families in matters of financial aid eligibility and disseminates financial aid information to families and other constituencies. Also manages all aspects of financial aid email communication, as well as document attachment and other electronic correspondence.
All employees should understand the mission of Catholic higher education and must commit to the mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
- Evaluate, verify, package, revise, and process financial aid in compliance with all Title IV, state and institutional guidelines.
- Greets, advises and counsels students, families, and others regarding financial aid questions and timelines in person, over the phone, and through email.
- Manages financial aid office email, fax, and document attachment; responding to correspondence in a timely manner.
- Assists with the data entry of all incoming documents, analyzing to ensure accuracy, and maintaining and executing processes used to generate correspondence utilizing Colleague Communication Management.
- Develops and maintains strong working knowledge of all aspects of verification, including federal requirements and tax return analysis.
- Develops and maintains strong working knowledge of all sources of student financial aid.
- Manages monthly logs to track office correspondence with students, parents, and others.
- Works with University Advancement on maintaining, updating, and processing Excel and SSRS reports utilized during the Holy Family Named Scholarship application review process.
- Assists the Director and Associate Directors in establishing clear and efficient time tables and procedures necessary for the office staff to ensure compliance with federal, state and institutional regulations.
- Participates and facilitate financial aid presentations during Open Houses, orientations and other university related activities.
- Records minutes of financial aid staff meetings.
- May be responsible for coordinating the work study program
- Bachelor’s degree required; or in lieu of a bachelor’s degree, at least one year of financial aid experience required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer literacy required, with an intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel in a Windows environment, and client-server system (Colleague preferred).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required, as are attention to detail, planning and multi-tasking skills and self-motivation.
- Proven ability to work as a team player and demonstrate sensitivity to matters of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow university policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the campus community
Should remote work become necessary, the employee must be willing and able to perform all parts of this job description while working from home, on campus or a combination, and be proficient or willing to become proficient in the technology needed to work remotely. Employee must have the ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.