Director, Enrollment Communications
Posted May 3, 2022
Director, Enrollment Communications
Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and working closely with the rest of the senior enrollment team for undergraduate and graduate admissions, the Director of Enrollment Communications is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing strategic marketing and communication plans to achieve the Institute’s undergraduate and graduate enrollment goals. The Director of Enrollment Communications plays a critical liaison role between the Admissions and Marketing & Communication departments to ensure a collaborative approach to communicating and delivering a cohesive message and brand in all public-facing modes of communication including digital, print, web, email, video, and social media platforms.
Employees must understand the mission of Catholic Higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals, and objectives of Holy Family University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, build, and execute all Admissions and enrollment email, text communication and campaigns using the Admissions CRM.
- Work with the Admissions team to strategize, write, and edit appropriate content to engage prospective students, applicants, admitted and deposited students. Anticipate needs of prospective students and build campaigns to address their concerns. Target and engage new prospective students with emphasis on diversity and inclusion. Develop and implement new communication streams for all relevant populations, including influencers and the University community.
- Act as the liaison between the Admissions Office and the Marketing & Communications department. Maintain constant communication between the two offices to promote maximum exposure across media platforms and collaboration of efforts, and ensure the HFU brand is consistent across all marketing and communication platforms.
- Strategize, write, design, and format marketing assets for applicant portals, social media platforms, and email communication. Review all Admissions’ websites and pages to ensure accurate, timely content and liaise with Marketing & Communications to make edits while adhering to institutional branding guidelines.
- Develop and implement methods to analyze the success of all communication, marketing, and advertising campaigns to determine effectiveness, identify weaknesses/areas where improvement is needed, and potential opportunity for future efforts. Make recommendations for future improvements, partnerships, campaigns, based on analysis and research of newly emerging technologies. Explore new ways to develop and deliver content and attend conferences and webinars to stay informed of new trends and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related field.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in CSS, HTML, Java, liquid markup, responsive web code, etc. preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office
- CRM experience (TargetX, Slate, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of recruitment and retention strategies in higher education enrollment management.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop and implement communications plans
- Understanding of how to generate and analyze reports that measure effectiveness of communication efforts.
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide collaborative leadership and work collaboratively with others.
Qualified candidates may apply by sending a resume, a cover letter that addresses the above responsibilities and requirements and salary requirements to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.