Events & Meeting Services Manager
Events & Meeting Services Manager
Holy Family University has locations in Northeast Philadelphia and Newtown, Bucks County. The Campus Events and Meeting Services Manager will be responsible for managing rental of University facilities on the Philadelphia and Newtown campuses by external and internal groups, and assist with University sponsored summer day and overnight camps.
This role requires a professional with a passion for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, an enthusiastic professional, and the ability to build relationships with internal and external clients.
Holy Family University is a ministry of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth. All employees are expected to understand the mission of Catholic higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary contact for the rental of all facilities on the University’s campuses by external groups
- Manage negotiations and contracts for rental of University facilities and related services for external events.
- Working with the VPFA, identify opportunities for external group rentals; raise the University’s profile among key audiences, and generate revenue
- Develop and maintain a sales lead pipeline for future business
- Cultivate relationships that result in client satisfaction and develop strong rapport with existing external and internal clients to ensure continued, repeat and business referrals
- Work with internal partners as needed for final approval of external group rentals
- Facilitate required legal and risk documentation for each external event, including contracts, certificates of insurance, and other related documentation as required
- Conduct post-event surveys to measure satisfaction in renting University facilities
- Review external rental and related service fees regularly to ensure the University is covering its costs and is competitive in the marketplace to optimize revenue
- Working collaboratively across the University to effectively map out and meet all deadlines, including but not limited to: calendaring, invitation strategy, program collateral, catering, vendor relationships, stakeholder briefings, volunteer management, RSVPs, payments, event inquiries, day-of event logistics, and post-event follow-up including debriefings to review successful elements and challenges encountered, incorporating that information into the planning and execution of subsequent events
- Establish regular communications with clients regarding their upcoming event and resolve any concerns.
- Develop, review and revise operating procedures as it relates to meeting and event services. Communicate to the campus Community and external constituents.
- Monitor and update event invoices for accuracy and collect payment according to contract requirements
- As the University’s expert event planner, provide consultative services to University departments and share best practices, strategies, and identify resources when planning and implementing meetings or events
- Participate on planning committees for University events and summer camps
- Work with internal partners to create and communicate clear and efficient events guidelines, timelines, and processes for the University community
Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in hospitality management or a related field; minimum of 2 years of related event sales and management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, solve problems and adjust quickly to changing situations and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, develop and execute both large and small scale university events
- Ability to develop and maintain University and community relationships through a strong commitment to customer service
Proficiency with Windows based computer software; MSOffice; Ad Astra
- General knowledge of teleconferencing equipment preferred
Operates in an office environment, that may have frequent interruptions. The area is well-lit, temperature controlled and free from hazards. Noise level is generally quiet to moderate. May occasionally work outdoors in preparation for and attendance at University events.
Communicates frequently, in person, over the phone, or via a computer. Hearing is needed for extensive telephone and in person communication. Regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. Manual dexterity is needed in order to operate a computer keyboard. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Other important information
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as events require
- Local and regional travel required. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
Holy Family University is proud to provide high quality, comprehensive total rewards including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, in support of the diverse needs of our employees and their families.
Our robust benefits package includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Tuition Assistance: We offer tuition assistance for a first time undergraduate degree for your spouse or dependent children. In addition, dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance programs at other institutions through our partnering tuition exchange programs.
Retirement: HFU offers a generous retirement plan to help you save for your future. There is no waiting period to participate and Holy Family matches up to 5% of eligible employee deferrals.
Employee Assistance/Well-Being Program: Mental health and overall well-being are important components of our comprehensive benefit program.
Generous paid time off: 13 paid holidays plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s off; paid sick, vacation and personal time off; paid parental/child caregiver leave
Commuter Benefit: Use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified transit and parking expenses related to your commute to and from work. Our campus is conveniently located within walking distance of the train station.
At Holy Family you will find engaging colleagues, a beautiful campus, free parking and more!
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.