Posted August 2022
The Registrar provides dynamic and strategic leadership in Academic operations by effectively managing the maintenance and integrity of all student academic records, curriculum management, the creation and maintenance of course schedules, all areas of student registration and the recording and reporting of grades, graduation, compliance with FERPA regulations, international students/SEVIS procedures, NCAA rules and certification of student athlete eligibility, and the establishment and maintenance of processes for the equitable and consistent administration of policies and procedures as they relate to registration and academic record keeping.
Employees must understand the mission of Catholic higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and oversee all enrollment related, operational and policy related functions of the Academic Services division, including registration, academic record keeping, curriculum management, graduation, Commencement planning, diploma generation and distribution, grading, transcript accuracy and production, enrollment certifications and Veterans benefit enrollment certifications.
- Manages the coordination and verification of the course content of the Academic Catalogs.
- Develops the University’s Academic Calendar in consultations with appropriate administrators
- Works collaboratively with campus wide departments to facilitate improvement in the student educational and related administrative experience.
- Remains current with enrollment best practices, policies, and processes, related technology, issues and challenges for similar Catholic, independent colleges and universities.
- Develops and maintains an operational guide and manual as well as the Registrar’s Calendar.
- Represents the University through public appearances and presentations, both internal and external, including attendance at regional, national professional organizations and associations and conferences.
- Serves as the University’s chief compliance officer for FERPA.
- Serves as Data Steward for Student Data representing the VPAA.
- Oversee National Student Clearinghouse monthly and special submissions.
- Manages the establishment and maintenance of processes for the equitable and consistent administration of academic record keeping policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with direct reports to strategically plan the technological direction of procedures, processes and policies.
- Work collaboratively with Information Technology Services (ITS) to plan and develop strategies for maintenance and assessment of academic information infrastructure, this includes advising ITS on software and programming issues.
- Examine and re-engineer operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures, and lead process change, as needed to develop and maintain contemporary operations for registry services.
- Coordinates system and application patch testing and upgrades in Ellucian Colleague, Self-Service, Ad Astra and other relevant applications.
- Provides leadership in digital data management, and in the selection, implementation, and integration of new systems.
- Oversee the departmental webpages’ maintenance and accuracy.
- Actively serves as a member of the Academic Affairs leadership team in cooperation with the Vice-President for Academic Affairs, School Deans.
- Develop, manage and evaluate employees.
- Supervises and evaluates the staff of the Registrar’s Office.
- Coordinates budget planning, monitors budget implementation, and ensures fiscal management
- Develops and coordinates assessment plans for the administrative unit.
- Earned Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 10 years or more of progressive, successful experience in higher education management in a Registrar’s office and/or Academic Advising setting.
- Comprehensive experience of: academic record keeping, registration activities, commencement activities and protocols, academic advising policies, transfer credit evaluation and policies, curriculum management and development, enrollment related trends and activities, budget planning and preparation, strategic planning, goal setting and accomplishment, institutional research.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and ability to follow university policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the campus community.
- Working knowledge and application of FERPA, related Federal regulations, SEVIS/PDSO policies and procedures; AACROA policies for academic record keeping and transfer credit; higher education policies and procedures and student service/retention theories; experience with NC-SARA.
- Working knowledge of SIS integrated systems, preferably Ellucian Colleague, academic room scheduling software, document imaging and other relevant applications.
- Curriculum development/management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and in-depth experience of statistics and higher education data and reporting.
- Understanding and dedication to the Catholic university model.
- Success in project management with the ability to organize, lead, motivate successful teams.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, customer/student service, decision-making, judgement, problem-solving, and delegation skills.
- Demonstrated success in setting and accomplishing goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of space allocation practices and principles.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and certification of student athlete eligibility.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of records retention and/or destruction policies and procedures.
- Highly functional knowledge of Microsoft office suite, SSRS reporting and other relevant applications.
- Ability to accomplish goals with limited resources and personnel.
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize, regroup and strategize.
- Ability to use computer systems, various software applications, and communicate effectively.
Qualified candidates may apply by sending a resume, a cover letter that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described above and desired salary. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For fullest consideration, all applicant materials to email@example.com.