Senior Graphic Designer
Posted: June 2022
Senior Graphic Designer
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for the execution of brand design and various design projects. The successful candidate will demonstrate superior ability to drive design thinking from ideation through concept development, refinement, and execution, creating high-quality brand design solutions by directly executing design and leveraging internal/external design resources. Under the supervision of the Vice President, Marketing and Communications, the Sr. Graphic Designer is responsible for creating marketing content for all University programs and initiatives for print and digital, including the University’s website.
Employees must understand the mission of Catholic higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the design of brand identity graphics and collateral refreshes within existing collateral as well as within new marketing and communications pieces
- Design materials that include, but are not limited to prospective student ads across media including digital and social ads, billboards, and direct mail as well as program sheets, presentation design, e-mail and more.
- Maintain brand image and asset library
- Prepare final digital and print files based on supplied specifications
- Maintain a portfolio of design projects and maintain and assign design projects on behalf of the department.
- Oversee and provide design direction to Graphic Designer.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines and objectives in a timely manner
- Solid experience with Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, PowerPoint, video editing a plus
- Passion for brand design and ensuring a consistent brand look and feel
- Understanding of brand marketing and brand strategy
- Technically solid, able to illuminate ideas and visualize design stories across a variety of media
- Able to receive creative direction and design feedback, and execute vision
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of Constant Contact or similar email platform, photography/videography preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, marketing, fine arts, commercial art, or related area.
- Minimum of three years of practical experience in graphic design.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- Experience with web and digital ad design.
- Experience in higher education marketing preferred.
Qualified candidates must email a cover letter including salary requirements, resume/CV, and a link to a digital portfolio of your graphic design and marketing content work as a part of your application documents to email@example.com . Review of cover letter, resume and portfolio will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please submit your required information by March 15, 2022 for priority consideration. If hired Holy Family University will require you to prove that you have received the COVID -19 vaccination and booster, or have religious or medical reason not be vaccinated, in order to work at the University.