Sr. Data Analyst
Sr. Data Analyst
This position has the potential to include a hybrid work arrangement.
The Senior Data Analyst will provide information and guidance to aid data-informed decision-making at the department, program, and institution levels. This position enables the University to fulfill its mission to promote success for students, employees, and service areas by providing data, reports and analysis. This individual works independently and collaborates closely with IT staff, data stewards, and members of the campus community on mandated state and federal reporting, ad hoc research studies, and complex statistical analysis. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment.
The data analyst will design and develop reporting and analytics for internal and external constituents, including required state and federal reports (e.g., IPEDS, Common Data Set, and guidebooks). The incumbent will encourage a culture of evidence-based decision-making by increasing data access.
Employees must understand the mission of Catholic Higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals, and objectives of Holy Family University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and execute university-wide, campus, and unit-level data-oriented reports and projections to inform decision-making and aid strategic planning.
- Identify and anticipate data and information reporting needs of the University’s schools, colleges, departments, and senior administrators.
- Generate and maintain standard data reports and coordinate and complete prompt responses to external data requests (e.g., US News and World Report, Princeton Review, etc.)
- Serve as IPEDS keyholder coordinating data collection and reporting for the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).
- Provide leadership and expertise to institutional offices and departments regarding research methods, design, and analyses.
- Utilize and propose new analytical tools and technologies (data mining, data visualization, statistical modeling) where appropriate.
- Ensure data integrity and reconcile data discrepancies in cooperation with units throughout the university.
- Collaborate with office staff to provide benchmarking, analysis, and modeling assistance to support student success efforts.
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, and attending professional development courses and/or conferences.
- Lead periodic departmental technical training as new software and approaches become available.
- Operationalize /standardize and implement data processes, extracts
- Master’s degree from an accredited university preferred; or Bachelor’s degree with a professional certificate and/or work experience in data science, management information systems, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a similar technical discipline.
- Demonstrated ability in data visualization and business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Cognos, Power BI) and quantitative data analysis. Data warehousing experience.
- Experience with programmatic (e.g., SQL, Python, R) approaches to manipulating large datasets.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think creatively; to develop solutions to data access, dashboards, and reports.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- A systematic and thoughtful approach to programming, reporting, and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage databases with an emphasis on data integrity, quality, and efficient processes and mechanisms to store and retrieve data.
- Practical interpersonal and communication skills and a collaborative approach to work.
- Experience demonstrates that the applicant has acquired and successfully applied the knowledge and abilities necessary to fulfill the job responsibilities.
Qualified candidates may apply by sending a resume, a cover letter that addresses the above responsibilities and requirements. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For fullest consideration, all applicant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.