Staff Positions: Assistant Softball Coach (Part-Time)
The Assistant Softball Coach/Pitching Coach, under direct supervision of the Head Coach, is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the management and administration of the softball program and team. Recruiting prospective student-athletes is an essential element of the Assistant Coach’s responsibilities.
Employees must understand the mission of Catholic higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle game and practice coaching assignments, specifically pitching, throughout the year, as well as, supervising out-of-season conditioning programs for the team.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes. Development and coordination of recruiting networks are an ongoing activity that will require local travel during the entire year.
- Use discretion and personal judgment in the assessment of talent and the recommendation for scholarship assistance.
- Assist with monitoring of the student-athletes' academic progress.
- Communicate with the department ' s Academic Support Services personnel and assist in student athletes' academic action plans.
- Administrative duties related to this position include film exchange, scouting and fundraising initiatives.
- Maintain continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University Rules & Regulations.
- Assist with Alumni Relations and Community Outreach.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated initiative and a high level of energy.
Knowledge of NCAA Division II Rules and Regulations.
- Occasional lifting and carrying objects up to 75 pounds, Frequent lifting and carrying, pushing, or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and/or continuous lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling 10-20 pounds.
- Must be willing to travel and be available to work flexible hours of the day and night, including early morning and overnight. Weekend work is required. Hours vary throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years college level coaching and recruiting experience. Pitching coach experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Qualified candidates may apply by sending a resume, a cover letter that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described above and desired salary to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.