Honors Program students were asked to respond to the following questions:
- After you heard you had been selected to apply, what motivated you to submit an application to Holy Family's Honors Program?
- What is your favorite aspect of being part of the Honors Program so far?
- What's your major, and what do you hope to do in the future?
A few of their responses are below.
1. When invited to apply to the Honors Program at Holy Family, I was intrigued by the idea of smaller class sizes and more interpersonal discussion in classes.
2. The best part about the Honors Program, is yes, small classes, but even more it is the group of peers I am privileged to connect with on a daily basis as we have several classes together, allowing us to really bond as a group.
3. I am a Nursing major and I hope to work in the NICU or labor and delivery ward of the hospital so I can continue to work with infants, as I very much enjoy doing.
1. After I had been selected to apply to the Honors Program, my motivation to submit an application was rooted in the fact that I wanted to set myself apart from many others on an intellectual and academic level. I was told the curriculum was a bit different and more engaging compared to standard college classes, so that prompted me to apply as well.
2. So far, my favorite aspect of the Honors Program is the small class size. Aside from allowing me to feel much more engaged in the material being discussed, it also has given me the opportunity to form lasting friendships. Such a small number of people makes the Honors Program feel like a family, which is a value that this school holds very dear.
3. As of right now my major is history, but I will be changing it to English as soon as I'm able. I'm not fully sure what I'd like to do in my future, but I am leaning toward a possible career in journalism or communications.
1. I was motivated to submit my application because I wanted to be a part of something as significant as Holy Family University's first year of the Honors Program. Holy Family had a great reputation already, but being a part of the program will put me a step ahead of everyone else when I graduate.
2. My favorite aspect is how, because we all have a lot of the same honors general education courses, I have more of an opportunity to develop relationships with different people in my classes, and then I am able to see them and connect with them in another class. I also love being in an academically challenging environment. In the beginning, being around the other honor students was intimidating, but then I saw how we compliment and challenge each other and how that's what makes a strong class.
3. I am a Nursing major. In the future, I plan to get my BSN then my MSN in Nursing, and then go on to specialize as a nurse practitioner.
1. I decided to apply for the Honors Program because I felt that it would be an exciting challenge, and that it would push me to work harder in all of my classes, as well as in the Honors classes.
2. My favorite aspect of being part of the Honors Program is having the opportunity to spend time in and out of class with like-minded individuals who have the personal drive to strive for the best.
3. I am a Criminal Justice major, and plan on going into law enforcement as a police officer.
1. My motivation for applying to the honors program stems from my desire for academic challenge and success.
2. My favorite part of being in the honors program is the active participation and camaraderie of most of its members. I never expected to be so involved from an honors program, and cannot be more pleased with the result.
3. I am a Psychology major and I plan on working as a forensic psychologist.