Fall 2016 Instructions and Schedule
Policy for Undergraduate and Graduate Final Examinations and Culminating Experiences
- All final exam/culminating experience sessions meet for two hours.
- Course final exam/culminating experience sessions are listed on the following pages.
- If you are not holding a final exam during your session you are able to use the time assigned for a culminating experience. Therefore, you may use this time for a lesson, presentations, or individual conferences with students, etc.
- Conflict final exams/culminating experiences: Students are responsible for resolving any conflicts that have occurred in the scheduling of their exam/culminating experience sessions. Two exams/culminating experiences scheduled at the same time and day constitutes a conflict. Please note that more than two exams/culminating experiences scheduled on the same day is NOT a conflict. Arrangements for conflict final exams/culminating experiences should be made with the instructor and student.
- Please note that the location of your final exam may be different from where your class has been held all semester. Please check the location of the building and room for your final.
- If two courses conflict, the student is responsible to make arrangements with the instructor of the final exam/culminating experience in which they plan to change.
- The conflict final exam/culminating experience may be taken when the instructor is giving another exam/culminating experience or during the conflict resolution periods listed below. The instructor is responsible for proctoring the conflict exam/culminating experience.
- If a room is needed for a conflict, the instructor must contact the Registrar's Office to reserve a room within the designated conflict resolution dates and times. Please use the Room Request Form to schedule a room.
- Please have ALL conflict final exam/culminating experience times rectified by Wednesday, November 30, 2016.
Conflict Resolution Dates:
- Monday, December 12, 2016 | 2:00 pm to 4:00pm
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016 | 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016 | 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Thursday, December 15, 2016 | 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Friday, December 16, 2016 | 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
Other Important Information
All students are required to attend the final exam/culminating experience at the time they are scheduled. Absence is graded as an "I" (Incomplete) in the course. The responsibility to resolve the "Incomplete" rests solely with the student.
- Undergraduate Students: Resolving an incomplete must be completed within one month of the examination date. Incompletes that are not resolved within one month of the examination date are automatically changed to a grade of "F" (Failure).
- Graduate Students: Resolving an incomplete must be completed within ninety (90) days of the examination date. Incompletes that are not resolved will automatically change to a grade of "F" (Failure).
- Grades: Grades cannot be released over the telephone. If your records have been placed on hold by the business office, the library or the school nurse, your grades will not be released until the hold has been satisfied. Please settle all holds before the semester ends.
- Transcripts: If you will need transcripts at the end of the semester, you can order them now and request that they be sent after grades are processed. You must indicate that on the form.