What kind of job can I get with a Health Promotion and Wellness Degree?
The Health Promotion and Wellness (HPWE) program prepares students to assume roles as wellness and health promotion professionals in private business, community organizations, and healthcare agencies.
Graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Promotion and Wellness from Holy Family University opens up job opportunities such as:
- Corporate Wellness Administrator
- Director of Fitness/Wellness
- Wellness Program Manager
- Health Educator
- Community Health and Wellness Director
- Director of Health Services
What are the benefits of getting a BS Degree in Health Promotion and Wellness?
- The US Department of Labor Statistics projects job growth of around 16 percent from 2016 to 2026 for positions focusing on promoting health and wellness for individuals and communities.
- Career opportunities are growing to impact lifestyle behaviors.
- Position yourself at the forefront of this national trend toward living a healthier, more rewarding life.
The innovative curriculum stresses key health concerns identified by Healthy People 2020 focuses on strategies to promote healthy behaviors and lifestyles with an emphasis on living well. Employers prefer interviewing and hiring candidates with a Bachelor's Degree because candidates have professional skills in leadership and communication.
Foundation courses, such as:
- nutrition, and
- human development
serve as building blocks for courses in the major where students plan, implement, and evaluate programs to promote healthy behaviors and wellness.
What are the goals of the Health Promotion and Wellness program?
- Understand core concepts related to health promotion and wellness across the lifespan.
- Identify factors that foster a healthy lifestyle and those associated with health risk and disease.
- Assess needs and challenges related to building healthy behaviors across diverse populations.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate programs to promote healthy behaviors and wellness.
- Exhibit professional and academic skills needed for graduate study or entry-level positions in the field.
What career options will I have with a Health Promotion and Wellness degree?
The momentum to promote wellness over the traditional disease model of care is growing at a rapid rate.
- Holistic approaches to restoring health
- Integrative therapies are part of medical approaches.
- Promote levels of health in those individuals with chronic health problems.
- Corporations are offering health promotion activities for employees to stay healthy.
- Support self-care practices to maintain health.
The program curriculum includes major coursework in:
- Introduction to Health Promotion and Wellness
- Health Promotion Through the Lifespan
- Strategies of Stress Management and Wellness
- Teaching Strategies for Health Promotion and Wellness
- Coaching Principles for Health Promotion and Wellness
- Research for Evidenced Based Practice
- Health Policy: Global and National Perspectives
- Health Promotion and Wellness Program Planning
- Internship I & II
- Seminar: Contemporary Issues
Why should I choose Holy Family University for my Health Promotion and Wellness degree?
- Employers recognize that Holy Family University offers an education which addresses contemporary problems to build a better future for society.
- Holy Family University recognizees the value of prior education to build on your skills for a career in Health Promotion.
- The program incorporates experiential learning opportunities to build skills.
- Internships are offered in a variety of settings to provide application of health promotion concepts.