The accelerated Bachelor of Arts in Communications program offered at Holy Family University is a degree completion program that prepares graduates to function in a wide variety of settings within the communications and business environments. The program studies the economic and cultural realities of the mass media industry. The technology you need for success is on your phone - we will teach you the rest!
- The Social and Emerging Media track creates a Communications graduate who can expertly use social media, create targeted messages, and critically understand the media world.
- The Public Relations track creates a Communications graduate who can connect with audiences through multiple media, successfully plan and execute events, and generate publicity.
Holy Family University has designed this program with flexibility to fit your lifestyle. Classes will be offered in blended and online formats. Weekend intensive options will be available to maximize flexibility for you to complete your degree sooner.The program requires students to become actively engaged in the learning process through critical reflection, oral and written communications, and rigorous curiosity. Each student’s life experiences are acknowledged as contributions they bring to the classroom. The goal of the program is to produce graduates with creative production skills, critical thinking aptitude, problem-solving proficiency, journalistic integrity, and knowledge of digital innovations. Our students are able to create, produce, and use a variety of print, visual, and electronic media within a changing communications environment, all while allowing students to engage their work knowledge to meet course goals.
I have an Associate’s Degree
Holy Family University is pleased to expand our Community Bridge program to include our new Accelerated Bachelor of Arts in Communications program. Students transferring an Associate’s Degree (A.A. or A.S.) can join our new cohort program immediately! In this program, you will only take classes that are required to graduate, you will be taking just major courses, the core capstone course, and an internship that you can do right at your place of employment.
What does this mean to you? With continuous enrollment in the cohort, you will:
- Complete your degree requirements in as little as 20 months.
- Complete your courses quickly: 8-week sessions, two end-of-semester weekend intensive courses.
- Share class-time with committed, like-minded dedicated adult students like you!
I plan to transfer up to 84 credits
Even without an Associate's degree, our transfer students will benefit from the program format. We will be working with you to accelerate the completion of your Bachelor's degree in the shortest time possible.
- If you are transferring in between 60 and 84 credits, you are on a fast path to degree completion. With 84 credits, you may be able to finish your degree within 12-18 months.
- Students transferring in fewer than 60 credits will be guided to the fastest path to success. You will receive individualized and tailored advising to help you earn your Bachelor of Arts in Communications as quickly as possible.
Are you ready to learn more? Get Started!