Can I get an MBA without years of business experience?
The HFU New Professionals MBA Program is designed for working professionals who have less than three years of management experience. The program is comprised of twelve courses (36 credits). Students gain the same management and leadership skills derived from the general MBA program.
Candidates for admission may be recent college graduates, those seeking a career change into business or non-profit environment, or those looking to move into management positions. An undergraduate degee in business is not required but students should be employed while they take classes.
What are the benefits of earning a New Professional MBA?
A MBA degree offers professional and personal benefits, regardless of your field of business A MBA degree will open opportunities for greater responsibility, career advancement, and increased financial reward across many fields of business whether it be technology, finance, management, marketing, or manufacturing, A MBA will improve your communication and leadership skills which are vital to professional success. Below are additional benefits of possessing a MBA:
- New job opportunities where a graduate, or MBA specifically, is required.
- New career paths if changing careers.
- Increased earning potential.
- Enhanced professional skills.
- Improved job security.
- Gain a global perspective of the world.
- Expanded professional network.
- Become more knowledgeable about the areas of business in which you are most interested.
- Become a respected member of your professional community with a valued credential.
What are the goals of the New Professionals MBA program?
The New Professionals MBA program is structured around core courses and elective courses that allow for a subject specality or concentration. Below are the program goals of the MBA program:
- Analyze business data using the manipulation of financial data and predictive techniques.
- Apply management theories to business decisions.
- Develop a data-based marketing product launch.
- Synthesize the ethical and legal issues and perform an ethical analysis as related to case scenarios.
- Analyze business initiation and management issues which extend beyond local borders.
What career options are available for those who earn a New Professionals MBA?
An MBA prepares individuals for many types of careers. Many MBA graduates use their degree to change careers. Graduating with an MBA prepares the candidate for a position in any one of the below careers:
- Business analyst or strategist
- Business development analyst, associate, or manager
- Director (of a department)
- Financial analyst
- Management consultant
- Marketing associate, analyst, or manager
- Portfolio manager
- Project, product, or program manager
- Operations analyst, associate, or manager
Core Courses (Required 7 courses)
|Environment of Business|
|Themes for Success in the Organization|
|Foundations of Business|
|Financial Decision Making|
|Ethical and Legal Environment of Business|
|Leadership and Change Management|
Electives (Take 3 courses)
|Multiple Courses are offered within these available concentrations:|
|Health Care Administration|
|Human Resource Management|
|Information Systems Management|
Capstone Block (Both Required)
|Case Studies in Management|
Why Choose Holy Family University for your New Professionals MBA Degree?
What are you looking for in a university education? If you’re seeking a warm, inclusionary and supportive environment, we may be the answer. While we’re highly proud of our winning teams, exciting courses, and active campus life, our greatest satisfaction comes from helping students to fulfill their dreams. If you’re interested, we can help you to learn more about courses and financial options.
Furthermore, our value is recognized nationally. Money® named us a 2017-2018 Best College and ranked us as a value all-star for three years running. In 2015, The Economist ranked us #11 in the nation for economic value, while NPR ranked us a top 50 school in the nation for upward mobility. In 2016, The Chronicle of Higher Education ranked us #10 in the nation for colleges with the best salary outcomes.
Ready to Learn More? Get Started!