What is an MBA?
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is an internationally-recognized degree designed to develop the skills required for careers in business and management. The value of the MBA, however, is not limited strictly to the business world. An MBA can also be useful for those pursuing a managerial career in the public sector, government, private industry, and other areas. The MBA is currently the most popular professional degree program in the world.
Most MBA programs include a "core" curriculum of subjects, such as accounting, economics, marketing, and operations, as well as elective courses that allow participants to follow their own personal or professional interests.
Quality business schools generally require that candidates have at least a few years of professional work experience before starting an MBA program, and Holy Family University is no exception. However, if you do not currently posess professional or supervisory experience, please review our New Professionals MBA program.
Applicants are also asked to submit:
- Our online application
- Official academic transcripts from all post-secondary schools previously attended
- An essay or statement of purpose that reflects why they want to pursue an MBA
- Non-native English speakers usually have to prove adequate English skills with TOEFL or IELTS scores or have previous academic experience
What are the benefits of having an MBA degree?
An MBA degree offers professional and personal benefits, regardless of your field of business A MBA degree will open opportunities for greater responsibility, career advancement, and increased financial reward across many fields of business whether it be technology, finance, management, marketing, or manufacturing, A MBA will improve your communication and leadership skills which are vital to professional success. Below are additional benefits of possessing an MBA:
- New job opportunities where a graduate, or MBA specifically, is required.
- New career paths if changing careers.
- Increased earning potential.
- Enhanced professional skills.
- Improved job security.
- Gain a global perspective of the world.
- Expanded professional network.
- Become more knowledgeable about the areas of business in which you are most interested.
- Become a respected member of your professional community with a valued credential.
What are the goals of the MBA program?
The MBA program is structured around core courses and elective courses that allow for a subject specialty or concentration. Below are the program goals of the MBA program:
- Analyze business data using the manipulation of financial data and predictive techniques.
- Apply management theories to business decisions.
- Develop a data-based marketing product launch.
- Synthesize the ethical and legal issues and perform an ethical analysis as related to case scenarios.
- Analyze business initiation and management issues which extend beyond local borders.
What career options will I have with an MBA?
An MBA prepares individuals for many types of careers. Many MBA graduates use their degree to change careers. Graduating with an MBA prepares the candidate for a position in any one of the below careers:
- Business analyst or strategist
- Business development analyst, associate, or manager
- Director (of a department)
- Financial analyst
- Management consultant
- Marketing associate, analyst, or manager
- Portfolio manager
- Project, product, or program manager
- Operations analyst, associate, or manager
Core Courses (Required 5 courses)
|Foundations of Business|
|Financial Decision Making|
|Ethical and Legal Environment of Business|
|Leadership and Change Management|
Electives (Take 3 courses)
|Multiple Courses are offered within these available concentrations:|
|Health Care Administration|
|Human Resource Management|
|Information Systems Management|
Capstone Block (Both Required)
|Case Studies in Management|
Why Choose Holy Family University for your Master's Degree in Business Administration?
What are you looking for in a university education? If you’re seeking a warm, inclusionary and supportive environment, we may be the answer. While we’re highly proud of our winning teams, exciting courses, and active campus life, our greatest satisfaction comes from helping students to fulfill their dreams. If you’re interested, we can help you to learn more about courses and financial options.
Furthermore, our value is recognized nationally. Money® named us a 2017-2018 Best College and ranked us as a value all-star for three years running. In 2015, The Economist ranked us #11 in the nation for economic value, while NPR ranked us a top 50 school in the nation for upward mobility. In 2016, The Chronicle of Higher Education ranked us #10 in the nation for colleges with the best salary outcomes.
Ready to Learn More? Get Started!