The General Education Core at Holy Family University is comprised of 15 courses (45 credits) that allow our students to be well-rounded individuals. The courses expose the students to oral and written communications, critical thinking, social consciousness, national and global perspectives, and scientific and technological competency. The courses in the General Education Core ensure that our students are adept at interpersonal interactions needed by business people in the current global business community.
The Business Core has 15 courses (45 credits) dedicated to provide all business students the necessary knowledge and tools to succeed in the business world. The coursework in Accounting, Business Law, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, Marketing, Management Information Systems, Math, and Statistics enable all business students to understand all aspects of business operations.
The Accounting concentration offers students a highly supportive learning environment to prepare them for entry into the accounting profession with a comprehensive curriculum that emphasizes the value of the business ethics and standards of social responsibility that accompany the analytical and technical knowledge bound by the profession. Additionally, students can minor in Business Intelligence and Management.
Accounting Curriculum Courses
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I & II
- Advanced Accounting I & II
- Advanced Taxation
- Advanced Managerial Accounting
- Forensic Accounting
- Senior Seminar in Accounting (Research)
- Co-op Accounting
- Accounting Systems (proposed new course)
- Analytics (proposed new course)
- International Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Holy Family Accounting majors should complete our program with:
- Comprehension of accounting systems and complex accounting concepts
- The ability to interpret, evaluate, and analyze accounting information
- Technical, analytical, and critical thinking proficiencies
- Accounting research and review skills
- Interactive group skills