The General Education Core at Holy Family University is comprised of 15 courses (45 credits) that allow our students to be well-rounded individuals. The courses expose the students to oral and written communications, critical thinking, social consciousness, national and global perspectives, and scientific and technological competency. The courses in the General Education Core ensure that our students are adept at interpersonal interactions needed by business people in the current global business community.
The Business Core has 15 courses (45 credits) dedicated to providing all business students the necessary knowledge and tools to succeed in the business world. The coursework in Accounting, Business Law, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, Marketing, Management Information Systems, Math, and Statistics enable all business students to understand all aspects of business operations. The Business Intelligence concentration will prepare students to create and maintain information systems, as well as analyze data and report discovered trends in a way that increases the business value of the information.
Specialized Courses in the Curriculum are:
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Statistical Computing & Visualization
- Database Management
- Advanced Database Management
- Data Mining
- Parallel Processing
- Quantitative Methods for Decision Making
- Market Research
- Structured Programming
- Senior Seminar in Business Intelligence
Upon completion of our program you will be able to:
- Utilize current statistical packages and languages to manipulate, analyze, and visualize data;
- Apply advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to glean trends within data;
- Construct database systems and specialized storage frameworks to store and analyze normal and large datasets;
- Apply the correct statistical and scientific methodology based on the data and intended research; and
- Develop data-driven business decisions and strategies.