The Mission of the Holy Family University Doctoral Program is to facilitate the development of effective and ethical leaders for schools and communities who can make significant contributions to their fields of knowledge through applied research.
Doctoral Program Goals
- To provide a research-based education program that facilitates the development of innovative and ethical school and community leaders.
- To offer a program that is flexible and is designed for working practitioners allowing them to expand their practice and leadership skills through concentrated interdisciplinary coursework and research.
- To develop a deep professional commitment to an interdisciplinary approach to leadership through the application of practical research skills and ethical decision making in service to others.
- To enable candidates make significant contributions to their field of knowledge through applied research.
- To offer a supportive and collaborative learning environment that encourages candidates to become scholars and researchers.
The Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership and Professional Studies is a fifty-four (54) credit program. Students complete 15 credits of research courses, 18 credits of leadership courses, 12 credits of professional studies courses and a minimum of 9 credits for dissertation research.
Dr. Kevin Zook
Dean, School of Education
Professor of Education
Holy Family University
Education and Technology Center, 430