If you are a graduate of Clarion University’s Curriculum & Instruction with Teacher Leadership graduate program within the last five years, you are now guaranteed acceptance into Holy Family University’s Principal Certification Program. By completing 18 fully online credits (5 courses + 3 practicums) with us, you can now seamlessly earn your Pennsylvania Principal Certification. That's because 6 of the credits you earned at Clarion count towards our program.
Course & Credit Information
- As a Clarion University graduate, you will receive a 20% discount on our regular master’s tuition.
- You only have 18 credits remaining to complete your Principal Certificate program because we will accept 6 credits earned at Clarion through your coursework in ED 580 (Teacher Leadership as the Gateway to Enhancing Instructional Effectiveness) and ED 582 (The Role of Change in the Era of Accountability).
- You will complete all courses and practicum supervision in a fully online format.
- You will need to complete three internships. One must be at the elementary level (K-6) and one must be at the secondary level (7-12). The third can be completed anywhere in the range K-12. We schedule two internships during the academic year so that you can complete two of the three at your place of employment (either elementary or secondary employment). The third is scheduled in the summer so that you can leave your primary place of employment for an alternative setting. This summer placement may or may not be in your present school district. The placement will depend on your interest and placement availability.
- When you successfully complete these courses, we will recommend you for your Pennsylvania Principal Certificate.
- Completed Application Form ($25 Application Fee WAIVED)
- Official Clarion University Graduate Transcript
- Pennsylvania teacher certificate
Holy Family University has a long-standing state-approved program in Educational Leadership. Over the last seven years, we have recommended 73 graduates for their Pennsylvania Principal Certification, and currently, there are approximately 126 educators in our program. We invite you to join our impressive list of Pennsylvania school principals!
Questions? Please contact us.
Graduate & Professional Studies