Break Housing Agreement
Please note that by submitting this agreement you agree that living in the residence halls over the break/early arrival period is a privilege and that you will actively follow the policies of the University (found in your student handbook) and this Break Housing Agreement. Because of limited staffing during the holiday, the following additional policies are put into effect for the safety and well-being of our resident students.
- No guests are permitted to enter residence halls during the break/early arrival period. A guest is any person that does not have written permission from the Office of Residence Life to be in the residence halls during this time. This includes any friends, teammates, or family members who aren’t residential and approved to be here.
- Students who receive permission to remain on campus during closing will be charged $25.00 per day for housing. (Housing fees may be waived for some students i.e. in season athletes or sponsored students with University-related requests).
- Residence Life Staff will be conducting health and safety inspections during all breaks. Please be advised if you are not present at this time, the inspection will still take place in your absence.
- If you have an emergency during the break please notify security immediately by dialing x3333 from any on-campus phone or 267-341-3333. During college breaks we must take extra precautions when it comes to safety, so please lock all doors and windows, be aware of your surroundings, and notify security of suspicious behavior.
- The University dining hall will be closed during the break period.
- For those staying, an "Occupied" sign will need to be visibly posted on their door at all times. Residence Life staff will post the signs during room checks on closing night. This is meant to help notify all University personnel that the room is occupied during a break/extension period. Staff may still enter for pertinent reasons, but will knock before entering. It is the student’s responsibility to notify Residence Life if his/her sign needs replaced.
- Damage or vandalism in any areas during the extension period will result in the community present dividing the cost of repair and re-evaluation of housing privileges.
- In the event that a student present during a break period is involved in any disciplinary, policy violation, or safety related incident, he/she will be asked to leave immediately and will be responsible for making off-campus accommodations. He/she may also be banned from staying during future break periods.
- No bikes, live trees, or pets are permitted in the residence halls.
Please Note: If you live in the Garden Apartments, they will be closed for all break periods, and students are responsible for finding their own alternative lodging and meals.
By Submitting This Form, I Acknowledge That This is an Agreement for the Specified Break Period.
I hereby certify that I have read this agreement and that I understand and agree to the terms for Break Housing. I understand that I am responsible for knowing and adhering to the policies outlined in the Holy Family University Student Handbook.