Procedure for Opening a Credential File
- Click on the credential services registration form here and complete the form.
- After completing the online credential service registration form, you can:
- Print the form out and have the instructor sign the form that they agree to write a letter for you and bring it to the Careers Center located on the second floor of the Campus Center, Room 216, OR,
- If the instructor writes a letter of recommendation and gives it to you directly, it is your responsibility to give the Careers Center a copy of this letter. Keep in mind that if we do not receive a copy of this letter, it WILL NOT be in your file for the future.
NOTE: We will not accept verbal agreements
REMEMBER:You must ask the Faculty member if they will write a letter of recommendation on your behalf BEFORE you submit the form.
- Print the Credential Service Registration Form from the webpage.
- a) Fill the form out with your information
- b) Ask the instructor BEFORE putting their name on the form
- c) Request the instructor to sign the form (we will not accept verbal acceptance)
- d) Drop off the Credential Service Registration Form in the Careers Center CC 216, or,
- Fill the Credential Services Registration Form out online.
- a) Ask the instructor BEFORE putting their name on the form
- If the Instructor writes a Letter of Recommendation for you and gives the letter directly to you, you can give a copy of this letter to the Careers Center for your file.
- Sign the printed Credential Service Registration Form agreeing to write a Letter of Recommendation for the student, or, if the student makes the request via an email, please respond by emailing the student that you agree to write a letter on their behalf. The Careers Center will accept this as your signature. (We will no longer accept verbal agreements.)
- Please write the letters in an acceptable time period.
- a) If you have specific requirements before writing the letter (clinical, student teaching, co-op), or if they need to submit a resume, PLEASE let the student know this at that time. The Careers Center is not responsible to know every instructor’s requirements.
- b) If you are unable to write the letter until the end of a semester, PLEASE inform the student so they can ask another instructor should they need the letter before then.
- c) If you prefer to write an individual, personalized letter and give the letter directly to the student, PLEASE DO NOT sign the Credential Service Registration Form. If your name is submitted on this form and you give the letter directly to the student, the student’s file remains incomplete. If a student returns to obtain letters, they expect ALL their letters to be in the file.
Careers Center Responsibilities
- The Careers Center will make EVERY effort to obtain the Letters of Recommendation for the Student within a reasonable time.
- Letters will be logged into the SHARED in Google Drive immediately upon receiving the letter from the Instructor.
- Letters will be emailed to you immediately on Holy Family letter head.
Credential File Benefits
- You keep Letters on your computer in a safe place.
- Easy access to your Letters when applying for employment opportunities or graduate school.