March 16, 2020
Dear Holy Family Alumni and Friends,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families as together we face the unprecedented public health situation surrounding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). I want to share the steps we’ve taken to protect our campus and extended Holy Family community while maintaining academic and University business operations.
- In-person learning was suspended on March 13 to prepare for the move to online learning beginning Wednesday, March 18 through the end of the semester.
- Resident students moved out on Sunday, March 15 and we closed the residence halls and campus dining service.
- The Campus Center and the Library are closed, but online library services and support continue.
- To accommodate students without their own computers, computer labs are open and available on both the Philadelphia campus (ETC 307 and 308) and the Newtown location (Room 132) for students to work from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm daily. We are providing additional sanitization and cleaning services for these locations.
- We are in the process of making telework arrangements for essential staff to continue to support students and the operation of the University.
- Our leadership team is meeting on a daily basis to closely monitor and respond in a smart, calm and effective manner to the changing conditions, and we are communicating regularly to keep all stakeholders updated. For the latest updates, please visit https://www.holyfamily.edu/coronavirus-information.
With all the change that is occurring at the University, across the country, and around the world, I’d like to provide some guidance for alumni engagement, which is informed by concern for the health and well-being of our community.
All Holy Family-sponsored alumni and donor events on and off campus in-person events for the next eight weeks have been canceled (or postponed). This is in line with the latest CDC guidelines to limit public gatherings of 50 people or more.
- Alumni Axe Throwing (originally scheduled for March 19) and Holy Family Night at the Phillies (originally scheduled for April 7) have been canceled and will be rescheduled for a future date. Refunds will be processed automatically in the coming days for these events.
- Reunion 2020 will be postponed to Friday, October 2, 2020 and will be held as part of Homecoming weekend.
- We are currently exploring other options for Tigers on the Loose, our annual fundraiser, and we will keep you posted.
- The University will continue to evaluate the situation to determine if events planned after May 10, such as Commencement, will be impacted. More information will be forthcoming.
While physical distancing is encouraged, we can remain socially connected through our digital channels.
Here are some ways you can connect with Holy Family University digitally:
- Follow our alumni channels on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Follow the University channels on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Join our LinkedIn Alumni Professional Networking Group and follow the University on Linkedin.
If you have questions about events or other alumni programs, please do not hesitate to contact us at alumni@holyfamily,edu. In the meantime, please know that we are thinking about our entire Holy Family extended family and urge you to take extra care in staying healthy during this time of uncertainty.
Dr. James C. Garvey, Ed.D.
Vice President, Advancement
Holy Family University