Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Questions About the Tickets
YES! Tickets are open to the entire Holy Family community – alumni, students, faculty, staff, family members and friends of the University.
- Student tickets cost $10 each and all other tickets cost $20 each. Handicap Accessible tickets are available upon request. Note: Children 3 and under do not require a ticket unless they require a seat.
- Tickets can be purchased online at: https://www.holyfamily.edu/philliestickets or offline by sending a check with the number of tickets requested to: Holy Family Alumni Office, 9801 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia PA, 19114.
- To purchase tickets in person on campus, please see available dates and time throughout the month of March at: https://www.holyfamily.edu/phillies.
- When purchasing tickets online, you will have the following options to receive your tickets: Pick-up on Campus, mailed to you or left at the Will Call window at Citizens Bank Park on the night of the game.
- Tickets will be available for pick-up on campus between 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm in the Campus Center Dining Commons throughout the month of March. Please see available dates at times at https://www.holyfamily.edu/phillies.
- Mailed tickets will be sent out within 2 business days of the order with standard postage.
- Will Call tickets will be available for pick-up from the Will-Call window at Citizens Bank Park to the left of the entrance area the First Base Gate. Please have your name and proof of ID to claim tickets. Tickets will be available after 5:00 pm on Tuesday, April 7.
- Please contact Julie Rempfer, Assistant Director of Alumni and Parent Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-341-5017 if you have any questions or to schedule a different ticket pick-up time during regular business hours.
- Section 310 in the Pavilion Deck does not have any handicapped accessible seats, but we can arrange for accessible seating in the nearby sections. Please select Handicapped Accessible seats when purchasing tickets or contact Julie Rempfer, Assistant Director for Alumni and Parent Relations at email@example.com or 267-341-5017 to arrange for special accommodations.
- Citizens Bank Park was designed with an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) consultant to be universally accessible and comfortable for all guests with disabilities.
- Guests who require special accommodations are encouraged to review Citizens Bank Park’s Access Guide at https://www.mlb.com/phillies/ballpark/disability-access-guide for complete information about accessible parking areas, elevators, first aid and more.
Refunds are available until March 27, 2020. Cancellations received after this date will not be eligible for a refund.
Questions About Getting to Citizens Bank Park
- Transportation to Citizens Bank Park is not provided.
- Students or Athletes who require transportation should consult their Resident Advisor or the Student Life Office.
Citizens Bank Park, One Citizens Bank Way, Philadelphia, PA 19148-5249.
There are a number of parking lots surrounding the ballpark. It is recommended that you arrive early and park in the first available lot. For a complete list and related parking information, head to: https://www.mlb.com/phillies/ballpark/transportation/parking
SEPTA's Broad Street Line stops at NRG Station (Broad & Pattison), which is a seven- minute walk to Citizens Bank Park. o You can also get to Citizens Bank Park by Bus or connect to the Broad Street Line by PATCO or SEPTA Regional Rail. See all public transportation options at https://www.mlb.com/phillies/ballpark/transportation/public-transportation-septa.