Inclement Weather Procedures
Emergency & Snow Closing Codes
Broadcast on KYW-1060 AM Radio
KYW web site: School Closings & Delays
Northeast Philadelphia: 124 - Day; 2124 - Evenings
Newtown: 784 - Day; 2784 - Evenings
If impending inclement weather causes the Northeast campus or the Newtown site to close, the opening message on the University telephone system (215-637-7700) will be changed to indicate the closures. For emergencies only, dial 267-341-3333 or ext. 3333.
How Delays and Closings Work
- Announcements of cancellations, closures, and delays are made through the emergency text message system, the website, the automated telephone attendant, and KYW Storm Center. School closing codes are above. Please remember that closures and delays may not be in effect for all campuses so listen to announcements carefully.
- Class cancellations do not automatically mean that the University is closed (all classes cancelled, activities cancelled, offices closed). Please listen to all announcements of closures and cancellations carefully. Essential personnel are expected to report as designated by their supervisors despite other announcements re: cancellations and closures.
- Delays for Offices: If we announce a one-hour delay in opening, offices open at 9 am; with a two-hour delay offices open at 10 am.
- One-Hour Delays for Classes: If we announce a one-hour delay, the 8 am classes are cancelled (M-F), and the regular daily schedule begins with the second class period; Saturday classes will begin at 9 am.
- Two-Hour Delays for Classes: If we announce a two-hour delay, the first two class periods will be cancelled (M-F), and the regular daily schedule begins with the third class period; Saturday classes begin at 10 am.
- Class Cancellations for Evening Classes: If we announce cancellation of evening classes, the cancellations begin with 4:30 pm classes and thereafter.