Second Degree BSN Evenings + Weekends 22-Month Fast Track UG
In Holy Family University’s 22-Month Second Degree BSN Evenings + Weekends Fast Track, a working professional with a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university can earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and become a professional registered nurse.
What Can I Do with this Degree?
- Accelerated Program
Students who earn a BSN degree may explore the following careers:
- Careers for graduates who earn a BSN degree include:
- Acute Care: Hospitals
- Adult Day Care, Assisted Living Facilities, and Retirement Homes
- Public Health
- Home Healthcare, Hospice, Palliative Care
- Long-term care: Skilled Facilities
- Outpatient Facilities
- Eligible for Leadership and Management Positions in Long-Term Care, Hospitals, and Community Settings
- Specialty Areas: ICU, ER, CCU, NICU, Pediatrics, Medical-Surgical, Rehabilitation, Occupational Health, Perioperative Practice, OB & Women's Health, & Mental Health, School Nurse, Clinical Research, Health Policy, Health Coach, Physicians' Offices & Clinics, Travel Nursing, Educational Units, and Staff Development
- Degree Awarded
- Bachelor of Science
- Program Type
- Program Location
- Main Campus - Northeast Philadelphia
- Required Credit Hours
This Second Degree Fast Track BSN degree is offered in the evenings and weekends for the working adult who is looking to become a professional registered nurse. The program was designed to fit the schedule of busy professionals who can earn a BSN degree in as little as 22 months at our Northeast Philadelphia campus.
The plan of study of this part-time program features all courses, clinicals, and labs on the evenings and weekends without any full-time student commitments and requires just 59 credits for successful completion. The program is designed to allow students to continue to be employed while pursuing their careers with knowledgeable, supportive nursing faculty to help them succeed.
The Evenings + Weekends Fast Track is offered in the Spring and Fall. Classes meet two nights during the week, and clinicals are held on weekends.
The Second Degree BSN Fast Track’s nursing curriculum focuses on the development of critical thinking and clinical judgment, evidence-based practice and research, culturally sensitive health care, and leadership in nursing practice.
Where Students and Alumni Intern and Work
- Abington Reproductive Medicine
- Abington-Jefferson Hospital
- Birches at Newtown
- Brightstar Care of North Bucks
- Capital Health RN
- Cooper University Health
- Einstein Medical Center
- Genesis Hopkins Center
- Horsham Clinic RN
- Hospital of University of Pennsylvania
- Jefferson Health-RN
- Lankenau Medical Center
- Magee Rehabilitation
- Manor Care Huntington Valley
- Nazareth Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University
- UPMC Hamot Hospital
- UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg Hospital
- Virtua Marlton Hospital-RN
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes
- Virtua Willingboro Hospital
Nursing licensing tracks are designed to meet educational requirements for a specific license and is required for employment in an occupation that potentially leads to professional licensure. Applicants seeking to work in a state outside of Pennsylvania should check state requirements to ensure that the program's curriculum meets the educational requirements for that state.
- Completed Application Form and Application Fee – Application, application fee and all admission documents must be received by the posted deadline for consideration. We currently admit on a rolling admissions.
- Personal Statement of Goals – 250-500 words, with your name in the header. Discuss in your Statement of Goals: How do you plan to balance your personal and professional responsibilities while attending a rigorous BSN program?
- Letter of Recommendation  – from a supervisor or academic.
- All Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended (No High School transcripts required).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university. The program is very competitive. Minimum requirements: CUM GPA of 3.0 of all official transcripts and a minimum CUM GPA 2.75 in the Math and Science prerequisite courses required.
- Prerequisite Courses Cohorts beginning in the fall and spring require 3 of the 5 prerequisites (listed below) on official transcripts submitted, to apply. If accepted, proof of successful completion of remaining prerequisites are to be submitted on official transcripts and meet admission requirements. All conferred bachelor’s degree transcripts required prior to start of cohort.
- Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab
- Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab
- Microbiology with Lab
- Nutrition taught by a registered dietitian
- Elementary Statistics
- Interview may be required.
– No more than one original grade of “C” is permitted in above courses.
– No more than one repeat in any of the above prerequisite courses due to grade of “C” or less. Syllabus of prerequisites courses may be requested for review. Only credits applicable to the program of study will be considered for transfer. Prerequisites courses over 10 years may be accepted and subject to review. A resume will be required for applicants with prerequisite courses over 10 years.
Admission documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our faculty are at the heart of student success.
Nursing, BSN UG
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) prepares students to become nurse generalists who work in diverse healthcare settings to meet societal needs. The Nursing curriculum focuses on the development of clinical judgment and critical thinking, evidence-based practice and research, leadership in nursing practice, and culturally-sensitive healthcare. Graduates of the BSN program are prepared to progress to advanced practice programs at the graduate level.
RN-BSN: Bachelor of Science in Nursing UG
The RN to BSN degree prepares students to become nurse generalists. The Nursing curriculum focuses on the development of management and leadership skills, culture-sensitive health care, individual and family assessment skills, and research in the nursing practice. Graduates of the Accelerated RN-BSN program will be prepared to progress to advanced practice programs at the graduate level.
- Accelerated Program
Second Degree BSN Daytime 14-Month Cohort UG
Designed for the college graduate with a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university seeking to pursue a career in Nursing, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree enables students to become professional registered nurses in just 14 months.
- Accelerated Program
Summer Visit Days
Hear from Admissions, Financial Aid, Faculty, and more, and discover all that Holy Family University has to offer.Register for this Event
Campus Center, 9801 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19114