Frequently Asked Questions – MBA Program
1. Is supervisory experience required for admission to the MBA program?
Holy Family University offers two options for entering the MBA program:
- The regular MBA program is for those with at least 3 years of supervisory experience. This program can be completed in as few as ten courses (30 credits) in about 20 months.
- The New Professionals MBA program is for those with less than 3 years of supervisory experience or no supervisory experience at all. This program can be completed in as few as twelve courses (36 credits) in about 2 years. The two additional required courses (6 credits) are designed to help make up for the lack of supervisory experience.
2. Do I need to have a business-related undergraduate degree in order to be considered for admission to the MBA program?
No. Many of our MBA students have completed non-business undergraduate programs. New MBA students in this category are required to complete testing in several business-related topics and online refresher courses are available to assist with this testing.
3. Is financial aid available for MBA students?
Yes. Financial aid is available for MBA students in the form of student loans.
4. Can I add a concentration to my MBA degree?
Yes. MBA students can choose from four optional concentrations:
- Health Care Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Information Systems Management
Choosing a concentration requires the addition of two courses (6 credits) to the program.
5. How long is each MBA course and when are courses offered?
Each eight-week course meets one evening per week, from 6-10 pm, at the Bensalem campus.
6. What are the admission requirements for the MBA program?
- Graduate application form
- A Current Resume
- Statement of Professional Goals
- Two Recommendations
- Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended
GRE and GMAT exams are not required
7. Are there additional admission requirements for international applicants?
Yes. In addition to the admission requirements listed above, international applicants are required to submit:
- Official Score Report from the TOEFL or IELTS exam of English proficiency
- Copy of Current Visa or I-20 form
- Statement of Financial Support (with all supporting documentation