- Career Exploration. Schedule an appointment with the Career Development Center to explore your major and the path that works for you. This is determined by analyzing your Strengthsfinder Assessment delivered in Freshman Experience, along with your interests and unique talents.
- 10-Year Career Mapping. Sit down with a member of the Career Development team to discuss what your career path will look like in 10 years. Are you on the right track? We’ll help you find out.
- Shadow Days. During your freshman or sophomore year, it might be a good idea to shadow a company in your field of study or interest. This gives you a better understanding of what path you might take in your intended field. This is especially useful if you are unsure of which major to choose.
- Experiential Learning. Internships are a great way to participate in your field of study before graduation. This strengthens your desire and interests in the field while providing you with the marketable skills and experiences needed when your job search begins after graduation.
- Career Development Workshop Series. The Career Development Center hosts two six-week workshop series in the Fall and Spring semesters. This series includes a variety of job-search skills, including intentional goal setting, how to effectively job search in your field of study, and navigating the job search. This occurs simultaneous to the internship job search and the career job search before graduation.
- Cover Letter and Resume Writing. With the help of the Career Development Center staff, build the best resume suited to your experiences and unique talents that will be marketable in the ever-changing job market.
- Interview Etiquette. The Career Development Center supports your job search from beginning to end. This not only includes preparing for the interview, but also following up after the interview. Our staff will ensure you have been provided all the tools needed to feel confident before, during, and after the interview. Feel free to schedule an appointment for a mock interview and allow us to review your “thank you” letter after the interview.
- Job Fairs. Our on-campus career fair is held annually toward the end of the Spring semester.