International Students Health Care & Insurance Coverage

The United States does not have a national health care system. Health care costs can be prohibitive for even minor illnesses or accidents. While many other countries bear the expense of health care for their residents, individuals in the United States are responsible for these expenses themselves. A good health insurance policy gives you access to excellent medical facilities and provides protection against the enormous costs of health care.

All international students in F-1 or J-1 status are to maintain adequate health insurance while attending Holy Family University and for the duration of stay in the United States. Review the details of the insurance plan, especially the effective dates. If you arrive in the US before the effective date of the insurance plan it will be necessary to buy supplemental insurance to cover the uninsured period. Make every effort to be insured during your entire stay in the US including vacation quarters and after graduation, if you stay for a period of Optional Practical Training or Academic Training.

All international students living in university housing must have health insurance coverage.

The following insurance providers meet requirements established by the United States Department of State to currently insure F-1 and J-1 visa holders. These providers are just suggestions and by no means limit the F-1/J-1 visa holders from purchasing medical insurance from other qualifying providers. Holy Family University assumes no responsibility for the choice of insurance provider selected by the F-1/J-1 visa holder or the quality of service the provider gives to the insured visa holder.

Compass Student Insurance

GeoBlue | International Health Insurance for Higher Education

ISO Insurance — International Student Insurance



International Student Insurance

MEDEX Worldwide