Campus Advocacy, Prevention and Education
Through the Department of Justice - Office of Violence Against Women, Holy Family University was awarded the Violence Against Women on Campus Grant. The purpose of this grant is to enhance programming and response to incidents of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking on campus.
The Office of Campus Advocacy, Prevention and Education works to prevent and improve Holy Family University’s response to incidents of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking. We lead Holy Family’s Coordinated Community Response Team (CCRT) to review policies, protocols and procedures to help campus and community members understand resources and services if they or someone they know has experienced violence.
What is the CCRT?
The Holy Family University Coordinated Community Response Team (CCRT) is a group of community partners who will work as educators who are committed to the overall purpose of the grant program.
The office's main areas of focus include:
- Comprehensive Prevention – We coordinate programming, trainings, and opportunities to continue to work to prevent violence on campus.
- Student Conduct – We train faculty/staff to ensure everyone understands the process of treating sexual misconduct.
- Law Enforcement – We train Public Safety with the help of the 8th District of the Philadelphia Police Department in responding to sexual misconduct on campus. Officers learn how to appropriately interview and help survivors.
- Victim Services – Holy Family has partnered with Network of Victim's Assistance (NOVA) and Women's Organization Against Rape (WOAR) to provide victim services to survivors. We ensure that community and campus members are aware of the resources and services available.
What Can You Do
- Stay involved! Attending programming, trainings and workshops can help contribute to Holy Family's Mission to ensuring a violence free campus.
- Become involved with Tigers that ROAR. Tigers that ROAR is a campus campaign focused on engaging the community in the conversation around sexual violence.
- Join the Coordinated Community Response Team.
- Become a CAPE Crusader and join the other superheroes against Sexual Assault and violence on campus.
Student and Employee Reporting Options
There are a number of ways for students and employees to make reports of misconduct. Please use the link below to learn how to report.
Prevention Toolkit for Campus Faculty
- Network of Victim's Assistance – Bucks County: www.novabucks.org / text line (267)-323-4545 / 24-hour hotline (1-800)-675-6900
- Women Organized Against Rape: www.woar.org / 24-hour hotline (215)-985-3333
- Philadelphia Police Department 8th District: (215)-686-3080
We want to hear from you! Any ideas, thoughts, or you just want to chat, use the contact information below or visit Kate Coffey, Director of Campus Advocacy Prevention and Education in office 206 in the Campus Center!