Let’s Talk is a program that provides students with easy access to free, brief, problem-solving consultations with staff from the Counseling Center. You can schedule a Let’s Talk consultation up to 24 hours before the session is offered.
Let’s Talk consultations are:
- Informal consultation (not a substitute for counseling)
- Problem-solving in nature
- Focused on immediate difficulties
- Not appropriate for crisis safety concerns/mental health emergencies
- 15 to 20-minute long
- Not a way to have a quicker appointment
- Not appropriate for students already enrolled in formal counseling at the center or in the community as this would be a conflict of interest
Let’s Talk is not a substitute for a formal counseling and does not constitute mental health treatment. Let’s Talk counselors provide informal consultations to help students with specific problems.