If you are a working professional with a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, and you are seeking to become a professional registered nurse—we’ve designed this program to fit your schedule. Our Evenings + Weekends Cohort meets two nights during the week, plus clinicals on weekends. Join us, and get your BSN degree in as few as 22 months.
Named a Top 10 Accelerated Nursing Program in Philadelphia for 2021 by Best Value Schools
See also: 14-Month Full-Time Day Program
The Holy Family University School of Nursing admission process is based on a holistic review approach. All applicants must meet minimum requirements to be admitted to this competitive program. Each applicant is assessed individually based on all submitted admission documents. We enroll two Evenings + Weekends Cohorts a year; spring and fall.
- Students must be enrolled part-time.
- The Second Degree BSN Evenings+Weekends 22-month Fast Track is offered primarily at our Northeast Philadelphia campus.
- We enroll two Evenings+Weekend cohorts a year; spring and fall.
- Each spring, summer, and fall semester has two 8-week sessions.
- Completion of nursing courses and clinical rotations takes 11 sessions or 22 months to complete.
- A clear FBI Background check is required.
- HFU is unable to accept students who were unsuccessful in or dismissed from previous nursing courses/programs.
- Completed Application Form and Application Fee Application, application fee and all admission documents must be received by the posted deadline for consideration. We currently admit on a rolling admissions.
|14-Month Daytime Cohort Program||Cohort Program Cohort Start Date||Application Deadline|
|Spring 2022||January 3, 2022||EXTENDED TO October 15, 2021|
|Fall 2022||August, 8, 2022||March 15, 2022|
NOTE: Nursing licensing tracks are designed to meet educational requirements for a specific license and is required for employment in an occupation that potentially leads to professional licensure. Applicants seeking to work in a state outside of Pennsylvania should check state requirements to ensure that the program's curriculum meets the educational requirements for that state.
- Completed Application Form and Application Fee – Application, application fee and all admission documents must be received by the posted deadline for consideration. We currently admit on a rolling admissions. •
- Personal Statement of Goals – 250-500 words, with your name in the header. Discuss in your Statement of Goals: How do you plan to balance your personal and professional responsibilities while attending a rigorous BSN program? •
- Letter of Recommendation  – from a supervisor or academic. •
- All Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended (No High School transcripts required). •
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university. The program is very competitive. Minimum requirements: CUM GPA of 3.0 of all official transcripts and a minimum CUM GPA 2.75 in the Math and Science prerequisite courses required.
- Prerequisite Courses Cohorts beginning in the fall and spring require 3 of the 5 prerequisites (listed below) on official transcripts submitted, to apply. If accepted, proof of successful completion of remaining prerequisites are to be submitted on official transcripts and meet admission requirements. All conferred bachelor’s degree transcripts required prior to start of cohort.
- Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab
- Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab
- Microbiology with Lab
- Nutrition taught by a registered dietitian
- Elementary Statistics
- Interview may be required.
– No more than one original grade of “C” is permitted in above courses.
– No more than one repeat in any of the above prerequisite courses due to grade of “C” or less. Syllabus of prerequisites courses may be requested for review. Only credits applicable to the program of study will be considered for transfer. Prerequisites courses over 10 years may be accepted and subject to review. A resume will be required for applicants with prerequisite courses over 10 years.
You are able to view received and pending documents on your application dashboard upon submission.
Admission documents can be sent to email@example.com
Ready to Learn More? Get Started!