Biology, B.A. UG
The Biology program is designed to expose students a broad base of biological knowledge ranging from the events that occur in an individual cell to those that govern entire ecosystems.
What Can I Do with this Degree?
The Biology major prepares students for a career or for additional graduate studies where they may pursue research, various health professions, teaching, business, or service in government or independent agencies.
Career opportunities for Biology majors include:
- Agricultural and food scientist
- Biological technician
- Biology teacher
- Environmental scientist
- Health communications specialist
- Degree Awarded
- Bachelor of Science
- Program Type
- Program Location
- Main Campus - Northeast Philadelphia
The Biology program starts by providing a fundamental understanding of general biology concepts that are essential to comprehend the advanced topics that students encounter in the upper-level courses as they advance through the program. The Biology program offers pre-professional tracks in Pre-Medicine, Pre-Physical Therapy, and Pre-Physician Assistant that have focused sets of courses within the major.
The small and highly supportive learning environment allows students to obtain the necessary competence of the disciplines that are essential to all aspects of biology, such as physics, chemistry, and math. Students in this program thrive in a close-knit yet challenging learning environment as the program incorporates hands-on experiences that serve to reinforce what is covered in the classroom.
Where Students and Alumni Intern and Work
- Academy Injury and Health
- Centra State Medical
- Charles River Labs
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Churchville Nature Center
- Comprehensive Dental Care
- CVS Pharmacy
- Drexel Community, Family and Preventive Health
- Drexel University, Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Dutton Road Veterinary Clinic
- Einstein Medical Center
- Elizabeth Carroll
- Esco Techologies
- Fels Institute for Cancer Research
- Fitchett Chiropractic Center
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Genesis Biotech Group
- Glen Foerd
- IC Laser Eye Care PC
- Jefferson-Frankford Hospital
- Jefferson-Torresdale Hospital
- Jefferson University Hospital-Urogynecology and Female Medicine
- Leonard and Madlyn Abramson Pediatric Research Center
- Mercer County Wildlife Center
- Montgomery County Rehab & Sports Therapy
- Pathways to Housing PA
- Peninsula Physical Therapy LLC
- Penn Vet Working Dog Center
- Penndel Middletown EMS
- Pennypack Environmental Center
- Petroski Physiotherapy and Performance
- Specialty Assays
- St. Mary's Medical Center
- Suburban Testing Labs
- Temple Fels Institute
- Temple Medical Research Center
- Temple Shriner's Hospital
- Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania, CDB
- Wuxi Advanced Therapies
Our faculty are at the heart of student success.
Biochemistry, B.A. UG
The Biochemistry program is designed to provide students with basic knowledge of chemistry, biology, and physics and the appropriate tools to integrate these disciplines to understand the biochemical, physiological, and behavioral aspects of cells, tissues, and organisms.
Biology/Pre-Medicine, B.A. UG
The Biology/Pre-Medicine degree provides excellent preparation in the natural sciences and supporting non-science courses, providing students with a competitive edge as they apply for postgraduate professional schools or pursue a related career in health care or the sciences.
- Pre-Professional Program
Chemistry, Minor UG
The minor in Chemistry includes a strong foundation in chemical principles and provides opportunities for advanced study that can be customized to address a student’s particular interests or support career goals, such as chemistry-related employment or admission into pre-professional programs.
Summer Visit Days
Hear from Admissions, Financial Aid, Faculty, and more, and discover all that Holy Family University has to offer.Register for this Event
Campus Center, 9801 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19114