Are you looking to switch to a career in nursing? If you currently have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and you are seeking to become a professional registered nurse on an accelerated schedule—this program is for you. With our full-time day program, you can have your BSN degree in as few as 14 months.
HFU offers housing for our Second Degree BSN Daytime Cohort students, subject to availability. You must apply to be considered. Please contact email@example.com for housing details.
The Holy Family University School of Nursing admission process is based on a holistic review approach. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be admitted to this competitive program. Each applicant is assessed individually based on all submitted admission documents. We enroll three Daytime cohorts a year; spring, summer, and fall.
- Students must be enrolled full time.
- Full-time day 14-month cohort will be offered at our Newtown location.
- Three days of class per week (can be Mon, Tue, Wed and/or Thurs).
Two days of clinical per week (can be Thurs, Fri, Sat and/or Sun). Classes and Clinicals can vary.
- Each spring, summer, and fall semester has two 8-week sessions.
- Completion of nursing courses and clinical rotations takes 7 sessions or 14 months to complete.
- A clear FBI Background check is required. HFU is unable to accept students unsuccessful in previous nursing courses/programs.
- Completed Application Form and Application Fee – must be received by the posted deadline.
- Personal Statement of Goals – 250-500 words double spaced essay format with your name as a header.
- Letter of Recommendation  – from a supervisor or academic.
- All Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended (No High School transcripts required.)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
This program is very competitive. Minimum requirements: GPA of 3.0 and a minimum GPA of 2.75 in the Math and Science prerequisite courses in order to be considered.
- Prerequisite Courses
Cohorts beginning in the fall and spring require 3 of the 5 prerequisites (listed below) to be completed to apply. Cohorts beginning in the summer require all 5 prerequisites to be completed. Courses over 10 years may be accepted, but are subject to review.
- Anatomy and Physiology I with lab
- Anatomy and Physiology II with lab
- Microbiology with lab
- Nutrition taught by a dietitian
- Elementary Statistics
– No more than one grade of “C” is permitted in the above courses.
– No more than one repeat in any of the above courses due to a grade of “C” or less.
When you submit your application, you should receive an email with an App Tracker. You are able to use your App Tracker to view documents received.
Please note: Due to a limited number of spaces each semester, admission to the program is highly competitive.
Ready to Learn More? Get Started!