The Center for Academic Enhancement (CAE) supports the Mission of the University, in which the charge to educate students to assume responsibilities toward God, society, and self, by instilling a commitment to life-long learning, runs deep.
The Center offers an agenda of diverse services, at no cost, designed to serve the learning needs of students at all levels of achievement. It is the goal of the CAE to help students improve skills in order to achieve greater academic success, and to encourage them to take full advantage of the learning experience. We work in concert with faculty, staff, and all other academic and student services.
CAE Fast Facts
- The Center for Academic Enhancement is open five days a week and is staffed by professional and peer tutors; the schedule is designed to serve both day and evening students.
- Tutoring is available on a one-on-one basis, or in small groups.
- Development of sound study skills is basic to the Center's Mission.
- Support services are available for the following areas...
- Study Skills
- Time Management
- Development of sound study skills, effective time management, and test-taking skills are basic to the Center's undertaking.
- The Center has fully networked computers, with Internet access and appropriate software for diagnostic and teaching purposes.
- There are self-paced tutorial programs at basic, intermediate, and advanced levels.
- There is software for practice test taking, including PRAXIS.
- Lectures and programs designed to be of academic relevance are offered to the University community.
- Development and implementation of programs are ongoing, as needs are identified.
- Student study groups are available.
The Center for Academic Enhancement at Holy Family University is committed to providing a broad complement of diverse academic support services, addressing student needs at all levels. By strengthening the skills necessary for intellectual growth and scholarly achievement, the Center seeks to enrich the academic experience of each student, to instill in each student enthusiasm for life long learning, and to uphold the University commitment to maintaining standards of academic excellence.