Our core values of Family, Respect, Integrity, Service and Responsibility, Learning, and Vision shape the culture and environment in which students learn and employees work. We provide a truly supportive environment for learning, as we help each student to make the most of their potential. We are also known for our especially warm, vibrant, and inclusive campus atmosphere.
Holy Family University does not discriminate in its education programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Holy Family University complies with Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in an institution's educational programs and activities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application, and/or interview process should notify Human Resources.
Please apply as directed to Holy Family University, 9801 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19114-2009 or e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
View our Annual Security & Fire Safety Report information.
If applying for a teaching position, please submit your C.V. to the attention of the Dean of the appropriate school.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY – Art Therapy Concentration
Holy Family University, a comprehensive Catholic institution in Philadelphia, PA, invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor of Counseling Psychology, with expertise in Art Therapy, with a start date of August 2020. Candidates should have a commitment to support the mission of Holy Family University and possess excellent teaching, supervision and leadership skills, an active scholarly agenda, and a willingness to participate in student advising and campus service.
Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Teaching in our Art Therapy program.
- Supervision of Art Therapy students.
- Leadership in the development of the accreditation of our Art Therapy program.
- Candidates must possess a doctorate (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in Counseling Psychology, Creative Arts Therapies, or a related field.
- Candidates must also be a professionally qualified art therapist: Registered and Board Certified Art Therapists (ATR-BC) or Registered Art Therapists (ATR) with licensure in a mental health related field (e.g. art therapy, counseling, psychology).
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement about teaching and research interest, list of courses taught, complete graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTORS – English
The School of Arts and Sciences at Holy Family University seeks applications for part-time instructors to staff courses in the fall 2020 semester and beyond. The employee must understand and embrace the mission of Catholic higher education and must commit to the mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University in word and deed.
Available courses include:
ENGL-101- Writing I
ENGL-102- Writing II
ENGL 115- Public Speaking
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching of courses in assigned discipline.
• Maintaining academic excellence in the classroom.
• Providing grades and feedback to students in a timely fashion.
• Utilizing technology for instruction and assessment.
The successful applicant must hold an earned academic degree (doctoral or masters level) in the discipline or a related field appropriate for the contracted teaching responsibilities.
Interested candidates should submit electronically a current CV, unofficial transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework, and a cover letter addressed to Dr. Keith Kopka, Assistant Professor, Writing Coordinator, School of Arts and Sciences, email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the available positions are filled. Qualified applicants will be contacted and invited to interview as courses become available. Official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate institutions and three letters of recommendation will be required upon hire.
IT USER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The IT User Support Specialist is responsible for providing end user support, to include deploying and maintaining desktop computers, printers and related hardware, assisting faculty, staff and students, and maintaining records in support of helpdesk services. Also responsible for delivering, set-up, operation and retrieval of audiovisual equipment for classroom instruction and special events, and for providing video production services and administrative support for daily operation of audiovisual office. Creation of IDs for faculty, staff and students. The employee must understand and embrace the mission of Catholic higher education and must commit to the mission, goals, and objectives of Holy Family University in word and deed.
Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Provide technical support for both AV and IT hardware. Assist maintaining the integrity of desktop computers through upgrades, support, and new technology implementation.
- Assist students and faculty with the use of AV and IT technology video filming, and editing utilizing Apple iMovie and FinalCut Pro.
- Hands-on equipment operation, set-up, and delivery. PC hardware set-up and troubleshooting of IT issues.
- Develop a complete understanding and keep up with technologies installed at Holy Family University.
- Video production, assist faculty with their use of Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier also assist with the production of department videos.
- Respond to faculty requests for computer lab assistance and AV classroom assistance.
- Administrative duties and other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains inventories, updates documentation, and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma plus one to two years in user support services or related experience required. An Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Demonstrates strong interest in technology. Willing and able to learn new technologies.
- Demonstrate proficiency in hardware installation and configuration.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and software problems.
- Interpersonal skills to interact well with users and colleagues.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows 7 and 10.
- Experience with the Internet and web applications.
- Basic understanding of WAN/LAN technology.
- Intermediate experience with audiovisual equipment operation.
- Basic video production skills (including recording, editing, lighting, and audio).
- Task orientated, attentive to detail, and demonstrate thorough work habits.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Managing specific software and hardware necessary for ID creation.
- A+, MSCE, Extron certificates desirable.
- Ability to lift and transport equipment (up to 50 lbs.) across campus in all weather conditions required.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to follow standard HFU IT documented procedures.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Qualified candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter, including hourly rate expectation, electronically to Holy Family University, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.