Our core values of Family, Respect, Integrity, Service and Responsibility, Learning, and Vision shape the culture and environment in which students learn and employees work. We provide a truly supportive environment for learning, as we help each student to make the most of their potential. We are also known for our especially warm, vibrant, and inclusive campus atmosphere.
Holy Family University does not discriminate in its education programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Holy Family University complies with Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in an institution's educational programs and activities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application, and/or interview process should notify Human Resources.
Please apply as directed to Holy Family University, 9801 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19114-2009 or e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
View our Annual Security & Fire Safety Report information.
If applying for a teaching position, please submit your C.V. to the attention of the Dean of the appropriate school.
ADJUNCT POOL FOR EXTENDED LEARNING AND MBA PROGRAM
The Undergraduate Extended Learning and the Masters in Business Administration (MBA) programs at Holy Family University invites applications for adjunct instructor positions. Applications will be reviewed for summer, fall and spring course work on a rolling basis.
Possible business courses could include:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting
- Financial Management
- Forensic Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Taxation
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Health Care Administration
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Business Communications
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Business Ethics
- Global Management
- Human Resources Management
- Micro and Macroeconomics
- Organizational Behavior
Possible general education courses could include:
- Criminal Justice
The successful applicant must hold an earned academic degree (doctoral or masters level) in the discipline or a related field appropriate for the contracted teaching responsibilities. Those without a doctorate in business must have earned at least 15 graduate credits in the area of teaching assignment.
- Ability to teach at all campus locations as requested
- Experience teaching online and in-class formats preferred
- Experience in appropriate, professional field
- Previous teaching experience required
Interested candidates should submit electronically a current CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Applicants will be contacted and invited to interview when positions become available. Official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate institutions and three letters of recommendation will be required upon hire.
ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Holy Family University, a progressive undergraduate and graduate institution in Northeast Philadelphia, seeks candidates for the position of Associate Vice President, Marketing and Communications. The newly developed position will report to the President and work closely with the senior leadership team. Chief among the position’s responsibilities will be the development and implementation of a comprehensive, integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to increase the University’s visibility, strengthen its market position and advance the goals of a bold new strategic plan, which will be completed this spring.
Holy Family serves residential and non-traditional career-focused students in a demographically changing ethnically and culturally diverse region of Northeast Philadelphia, Bucks County and eastern Pennsylvania. The University is recognized for its well-rounded and values-centric education, rich student experience and dedicated focus on student success through multiple educational platforms (on-campus and online) to provide social mobility and prepare students for critical fields such as nursing and health care, as well as the liberal arts and sciences, business, education and other professions.
The AVP will lead and manage a central marketing and communications department and contractors who advise and support academic, enrollment, advancement (alumni and development), research and other institutional priorities. The department’s functions include editorial and design services, branding, marketing, media and public relations, internal communications and print and digital communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic vision and leadership, manage and University’s marketing and communications activities, develop and execute initiatives and plans to increase brand differentiation and partner with other University leaders to execute effective programs.
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment, strategic development and implementation oversight of a strategic marketing and communications plan to create impact, build relationships with a variety of stakeholders (customers) and promote the beneficial outcomes of the strategic plan and other institutional priorities for students, families and the community.
- Oversee market research programs that continually assess and improve how the University tells its distinctive story to key audiences and constituencies and that inform communications and marketing priorities and messaging; evaluate campaigns for effectiveness, impact, return on investment and planning.
- Serve as chief steward of the University’s image, brand identity and related messaging. Support the University’s schools and other units in their strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the broad digital communications strategy for the University, including a contemporary website and enhanced digital communications to meet ever-changing needs of prospective students and the larger University community.
- Manage the human and financial resources of the department and strategically integrate and direct its core functions, including staff and relationships with outside contractors; create a collaborative service-oriented approach with administrators, faculty, staff, students, alumni and other University constituencies.
- Oversee development of Holy Family University Magazine and other publications.
- Engage regularly with key stakeholders across the University, including the President, senior administrators, key enrollment and fundraising managers, division personnel, academic deans, faculty members and others; serve on various committees and working groups as assigned; be an active member of the University Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Support the University President in her role as chief spokesperson for the institution; provide leadership for the University’s issue management activities and serve as the primary point person on the communications strategies and response team; provide counsel and strategies to other senior administrators regarding marketing, media and public-relations issues.
- Ensure that marketing and communications programs and activities are consistent with Holy Family’s identity as a Catholic University and its mission to educate students of diverse backgrounds.
QUALIFICATIONS—EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
A master’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, business administration or a related field is preferred. A bachelor’s degree in these and related fields is required.
8-10 years of progressively responsible experience managing marketing and communications in a leadership role, focused on developing and executing strategic communications, marketing, and branding plans, processes, projects, policies, budgetary and supervisory responsibilities. Direct marketing and communications experience in higher education enrollment management and/or fundraising preferred. Evidence of a highly collaborative style and experience developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies is required.
Competencies, qualifications and skills:
- Exceptional editing, oral, and written communications skills, visual/graphic communication skills.
- Ability to transform knowledge and information into compelling and relevant messaging, and disseminate stories to the right audiences through the most effective distribution channels.
- Reliable judgment, trusted discretion, confidentiality, and strong interpersonal skills to relate to numerous and varied constituencies of the University and the community.
- Proven track record as a people manager who builds and enhances strong and cohesive teams.
- Deep experience with, knowledge about and a passion for higher education.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Effective management skills including personnel, budget, projects, time and evaluating effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to speak persuasively to small and large audiences. Strong presentation skills.
- Maintain active membership in professional associations to support marketing and communications professional development and networking.
The salary for the position is market-competitive. Qualified candidates may apply by sending a resume, a letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described above and desired salary. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For fullest consideration, all applicant materials should be received no later than February 17, 2020 to email@example.com.
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Human Resources, this newly created position will be responsible for a broad range of human resources responsibilities with a primary emphasis on compliance, employee relations, talent acquisition and talent development. As a member of Human Resources, the Senior Human Resources Generalist must demonstrate a commitment to the values integral to the success of the department including but not limited to: Respect, Integrity, Compliance, Diversity, Service and Responsibility, Innovation, Adaptability, and Collaboration.
General HR Consultation
- Provides guidance in managing human resources programs and services related to employee relations, ADA; provides recommendations and information on human resources issues, policies and procedures, analyzes complex, technical and confidential issues, providing solutions, and taking appropriate action by applying suitable policies, procedures and resources.
- Leads or participates in investigations and handles employee relations matters, with accuracy.
- Monitor employee engagement by administering surveys, conducting focus groups, analyzing results and recommending action for engagement and retention initiatives.
- Synthesize information and apply critical thinking and problem solving skills in order to determine possible solutions.
- Develop and implement full cycle talent acquisition process for open positions including: an ATS and process; job description development, analysis, and pay status; recruiting plans; onboarding; touchpoints; reporting etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and ensure regulatory compliant recruiting processes.
- Develop reporting and audit processes. Collect and analyze data to measure the effectiveness of recruiting practices.
- Collaborate with management and staff to understand role, responsibility, required skills and knowledge for all positions; guides the development of, and reviews all position descriptions to ensure that they are accurate, FLSA compliant and aligned with the University’s strategic goals.
- Attract talent via job advertisements, social media management, job boards, professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Coach and guide hiring managers and search committees throughout the search and selection process, including how to conduct interviews and evaluate candidates.
- Utilize applicable metrics to drive hiring and workforce planning strategies in collaboration with the Associate Vice President for Human Resources and other University leadership.
- In conjunction with the human resources administrator, review resumes, conduct initial candidate conversations, schedule interviews, gather feedback, and conduct all necessary communications.
- Ensure a professional and positive candidate experience by maintaining ongoing communication and securing feedback both during the recruitment process and thereafter.
- Conduct regular follow-up with hiring managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans.
- Manage recruitment files and ensure that all files are accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Develop and manage a fully supportive onboarding experience for new employees to ensure successful assimilation into positions and to the University.
- In collaboration with constituents, develop strategies for professional development according to the needs of the division, department, and individual goals.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Serve as lead on the Performance Development Process (PDP) managing the entire program, this includes educating and training management and staff, maintaining and coordinating the cycle to ensure timely participation and completion.
- Assist in the development of department goals, objectives and systems including evaluation of outcomes; recommend contemporary solutions, and edits/new procedures in support of efficiencies and service excellence.
- Assist with reporting and development of the Human Resources Middle States Assessment Plan Works as part of the human resources team ensuring that the HR-related work at the department level is in coordination with all other HR functions.
- Think strategically to anticipate the human resource needs of the future, recommend policies, procedures, and greater technology to all HR processes.
- Lead special projects, other duties, as assigned.
- Must be able to travel to our Newtown, PA location, and as needed to conferences, meetings, etc.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (advanced degree preferred) in business, organization development, human resources management or other related field. HRCI and/or SHRM certification. 7+ years HR generalist experience. Higher education experience strongly preferred, including recruiting high quality faculty and staff.
- Experience in employee relations, investigations, job description development and FLSA analysis, recruiting plans, developing and presenting training programs.
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local laws and regulations; knowledge of those specific to higher education, such as Title IX preferred.
- Demonstrated effective interviewing skills and ability to utilize a wide range of sourcing methods including key word searching, networking, job boards, social media, database searching, and branding/advertising.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, communication, interpersonal, and listening skills. Critical thinking and problem analysis/resolution skills.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Attentive to details.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- HRIS and ATS experience (ADP preferred).
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle to travel, as needed.
Qualified candidates may apply by sending a resume, a letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described above and desired salary. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For fullest consideration, all applicant materials should be received no later than February 17, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCIENCE LAB AIDE, PART-TIME
The School of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a part-time Science Lab Aide, beginning Spring 2020. The Science Lab Aide is responsible for the preparation and clean-up of general biology, microbiology, and general science labs; restocking/refilling lab supplies; maintenance of live materials/microorganisms; sterilization of all needed supplies and the preparation of media in-house. The employee must understand and embrace the mission of Catholic higher education and must commit to the mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University in word and deed.
Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Lab preparation - Prepare labs for each course as described in course prep sheets.
- Lab clean up - Disinfecting, and cleaning tables, sinks and all work surfaces after each lab and during breaks between semesters.
- Care of bacterial cultures - Maintain stock cultures required in various courses.
- Inventory/stocking - Restock labs when needed; check specimens and reagents needed for upcoming semester (microbiology dye kits and test reagent kits, preserved cats).
- BA/BS in biology, chemistry or science preferred.
- General knowledge of scientific equipment and lab protocols required.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel, as well as database maintenance experience.
- Ability to lift 30-50 Ibs for short periods of time required.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision, while managing multiple tasks.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule.
This position entails working evening hours, typically beginning at 5 pm or 6 pm based on lab schedule needs, for a total of 15 hours per week.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are seeking an Admissions Counselor, fluent in English and Spanish, responsible for the recruitment of undergraduate students to the institution. Duties include representing the university at various off-campus events, application/prospect management, conducting interviews, and coordinating special recruitment programs and events.
Candidates should be open to working a flexible schedule that will include evening and weekend work during certain times of the year. A valid driver’s license in good standing and ability to travel via automobile for extensive regional travel is required.
The employee must understand and embrace the mission of Catholic higher education and must commit to the mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University in word and deed.
Responsibilities (not all-inclusive):
- Articulate the university's admissions process, programs and mission to prospective students.
- Manage assigned travel territory and meet assigned enrollment goals.
- Evaluate and manage all applicants assigned by territory/major. Timely review and assessment for all applications assigned is required. Meet specific enrollment goals.
- Assist with the planning and execution of recruitment events.
- Establish and maintain good rapport and relationships with counselors and teachers in the assigned schools.
- A bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of higher education experience preferred.
- Ability to exercise sound professional judgment in interacting with students, faculty, staff and internal/external stakeholders is required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications required. CRM software experience preferred.
- Candidates should be open to working a flexible schedule that will include evening and weekend work during certain times of the year.
- A valid driver’s license in good standing and the ability to travel via automobile for extensive regional travel is required.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our University has an immediate opening for a Programmer Analyst. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President of IT, provide scripting, programming, and database support as required for the University’s administrative systems. The Programmer Analyst will also develop and maintain software solutions to transfer data between key administrative systems, automate manual processes, validate data integrity, and create operational reports. The employee must understand and embrace the mission of Catholic higher education and must commit to the mission, goals, and objectives of Holy Family University in word and deed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, analyze, design, develop, test, troubleshoot, and maintain custom applications and reports to meet business requirements including coding, testing, debugging and installing.
- Design, build and maintain data integrations between University systems while ensuring data security and integrity. Coordinate integrations to help streamline business operations.
- Develop documentation and instructions to guide users in the uses of tools and applications.
- Document policies and procedures, as well as cross-training other team members in areas of expertise.
- Assist other team members with software testing, user support, and troubleshooting.
- Resolve Help Desk tickets and provides support and troubleshooting.
- Create reports using SSRS and SQL using basic SQL querying such as Joins.
- Manipulate data and load/extract data from systems using LINQ, SSIS, C#, PowerShell, SQL.
- Build and maintain workflows in Office 365.
- Maintain A GIT repository in Microsoft OneDrive.
- Create forms using Microsoft Forms and Adobe Acrobat.
- Responsible for delivering optimal customer service, for protecting institutional data and privacy, and the excellent delivery of solutions and services by following IT and University policies, procedures, and processes.
- Act as Project Manager on assigned development projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft .Net framework, Visual Studio, PowerShell, C#, T-SQL, LINQ, SSIS, SSRS.
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts and must be able to write code every day.
- Basic understanding of HTML, ASP.Net/ MVC concepts, Java
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- Strong understanding of security concepts and encryption algorithms
- Moderately understands Agile methodologies
- Moderately understand SOAP
- Working understanding of SQL Server, TQSL, SSRS, SSIS, Visual Studio, PowerShell
- Basic understanding of web services such as AWS and Azure
- Basic SharePoint administration skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and correct data and/or software discrepancies or errors
- Ability and patience to communicate directly and effectively with the user community
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on several different projects at once and to self-prioritize projects
- Demonstrated aptitude for adapting to unfamiliar programming environments
- Demonstrated successful experience in priority setting and time management with minimal supervision and able to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience programming/supporting the Ellucian Colleague Student Information System
- Experience with FileMaker
- Experience creating end-user reports and data ETL query tools
- Experience using Active Directory
- Experience with GIT or source code management systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Sciences. Qualifying experience may be substituted for required education.
- Work experience in applications programming and related support functions in a client/server relational database application system
- Two years or more experience with .NET, C#, PowerShell
- At least one year of experience with database programming (TSQL, PL/SQL, and/or MySQL or equivalent)
- At least one year of experience with SharePoint
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position filled. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Holy Family University, via email to email@example.com.