Our core values of Family, Respect, Integrity, Service and Responsibility, Learning, and Vision shape the culture and environment in which students learn and employees work. We provide a truly supportive environment for learning, as we help each student to make the most of their potential. We are also known for our especially warm, vibrant, and inclusive campus atmosphere.
Holy Family University seeks to foster an inclusive and healthy educational and work environment based on respect, the dignity of each person and the oneness of the human family. The University prohibits harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and bias incidents in any form, including, but not limited to, those based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies and practices, financial aid programs, athletic programs, and other school-administered activities and rights and privileges generally accorded or made available to employees and students at the University. Holy Family University complies with Title IX of the U.S. Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities. Holy Family University is dedicated to ensuring an environment free of discrimination or harassment of any kind, and promotes equal opportunity and inclusion in its education programs. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application, and/or interview process should notify Human Resources.
Please apply as directed to Holy Family University, 9801 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19114-2009 or e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
View our Annual Security & Fire Safety Report information.
If applying for a teaching position, please submit your C.V. to the attention of the Dean of the appropriate school.
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTORS, School of Arts and Sciences
The School of Arts and Sciences seeks applications from potential adjunct instructors for Spring 2021 day and evening courses in the following disciplines:
- Biology Lecture and Lab
- Anatomy and Physiology Lecture and Lab
- General Science
All employees must understand the mission of Catholic higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching of courses in their assigned disciplines.
• Maintaining academic excellence in their classrooms.
• Providing grades and feedback to students in a timely fashion.
• Using appropriate technology, including Canvas and Starfish, to teach synchronous remote classes and/or staggered face to face classes.
The successful applicant must hold an earned academic degree (doctoral or masters level) in the discipline or a related field appropriate for the contracted teaching responsibilities.
Interested candidates should submit electronically a current CV and a cover letter to Gina MacKenzie, PhD, Associate Dean, School of Arts and Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately. Official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate institutions and three letters of recommendation will be required upon hire.
IT USER SUPPORT SPECIALIST, Part-Time
The part-time IT User Support Specialist is responsible for providing end user support, to include deploying and maintaining desktop computers, printers and related hardware, assisting faculty, staff and students, and maintaining records in support of helpdesk services. Also responsible for delivering, set-up, operation and retrieval of audiovisual equipment for classroom instruction and special events, and for providing video production services and administrative support for daily operation of audiovisual office. Creation of IDs for faculty, staff and students. All employees must understand the mission of Catholic higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
• Provide technical support for both AV and IT hardware. Assist maintaining the integrity of desktop computers through upgrades, support, and new technology implementation.
• Assist students and faculty with the use of AV and IT technology video filming, and editing utilizing Apple iMovie and FinalCut Pro.
• Hands-on equipment operation, set-up, and delivery. PC hardware set-up and troubleshooting of IT issues.
• Develop a complete understanding and keep up with technologies installed at Holy Family University.
• Video production, assist faculty with their use of Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier also assist with the production of department videos.
• Respond to faculty requests for computer lab assistance and AV classroom assistance.
• Administrative duties and other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma plus one to two years in user support services or related experience required. An Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Demonstrates strong interest in technology. Willing and able to learn new technologies.
• Demonstrate proficiency in hardware installation and configuration.
• Ability to troubleshoot software and software problems.
• Interpersonal skills to interact well with users and colleagues.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows 7 and 10.
• Experience with the Internet and web application.
• Basic understanding of WAN/LAN technology.
• Intermediate experience with audiovisual equipment operation.
• Basic video production skills (including recording, editing, lighting, and audio).
• Task orientated, attentive to detail, and demonstrate thorough work habits.
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Managing specific software and hardware necessary for ID creation.
• A+, MSCE, Exton certificates desirable.
• Ability to lift and transport equipment (up to 50 lbs.) across campus in all weather conditions required.
• Must have the ability and availability to work evenings, weekends, and flexible hours as required.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to follow standard HFU IT documented procedures.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
Qualified candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter, including hourly rate expectation, electronically to Holy Family University, email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The Website Manager oversees the functionality of the website, evaluates and manages website performance, facilitates hosting and server management, and develops, maintains and updates website content. The Website Manager must display an excellent understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS) and technology infrastructures using CSS, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits and W3C web standards. The selected candidate will be comfortable troubleshooting the website and improving the User Experience (UX) of the website on an ongoing basis. This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Marketing & Communications. Employees must
understand the mission of Catholic higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the organization's website.
• Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues.
• Identify and respond to all website security breaches.
• Ensure that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures.
• Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
• Create appropriate website content aligned to the organization’s strategy.
• Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans.
• Improve the User Experience of the website regularly.
• Produces design and layout for a variety of web site applications, maintaining branding and standards.
• Meets and consults with clients on a variety of electronic communications projects including web and mobile-based applications, e-commerce, etc. including moderately complex assignments, and develops, presents, and recommends web content and visual material.
• Accountable for ensuring technical accuracy and understandability of website content, performing website maintenance and enhancement, and promoting usability best practices.
• Maintains currency with emerging and state-of-the-art technical and other web-related equipment, requirements and developments (for example, accessibility issues) and recommends and as directed, takes action to ensure compliance.
• Collaborate with all staff and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organization’s standards.
• Create strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic metrics.
• Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations.
• Keep up-to-date with industry best practice and monitor competitor websites.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough understanding of technical language and requirements of the assigned work.
• Experience using GIT, Linux Command Line, DNS basics, and a desire to learn new programming techniques and tools.
• Experience using APIs to utilize commercial and open-source software.
• Thorough skills to create clear, easy-to-navigate, informative, accurate, well-designed, and functional web sites that provide web content consistent with the campus message and in keeping with management directives and client objectives.
• Thorough understanding of institutional processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for web communications, including web accessibility standards.
• Thorough technical skills in computer applications for web production, image handling, publishing and design, illustration, presentation preparation, motion graphics, web interaction, and/or other state-of-the-art web communication capabilities.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Thorough skills to develop and implement original ideas and correctly identify and effectively solve problems.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
• Two (2) years of work experience as a Website Manager.
• Project management experience and training highly desirable.
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and XD).
• Expert knowledge of Macromedia suite, Adobe suite, Content Management Systems and W3C Web standards.
• Understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter including salary requirements and resume/CV by October 9, 2020 for priority consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.