Our core values of Family, Respect, Integrity, Service and Responsibility, Learning, and Vision shape the culture and environment in which students learn and employees work. We provide a truly supportive environment for learning, as we help each student to make the most of their potential. We are also known for our especially warm, vibrant, and inclusive campus atmosphere.
Holy Family University does not discriminate in its education programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Holy Family University complies with Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in an institution's educational programs and activities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application, and/or interview process should notify Human Resources.
Please apply as directed to Holy Family University, 9801 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19114-2009 or e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our Annual Security & Fire Safety Report information.
If applying for a teaching position, please submit your C.V. to the attention of the Dean of the appropriate school.
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTORS - School of Arts and Sciences
The School of Arts and Sciences seeks applications from potential adjunct instructors for Fall 2020 day and evening courses in the following disciplines:
All employees must understand the mission of Catholic higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching of courses in their assigned disciplines.
• Maintaining academic excellence in their classrooms.
• Providing grades and feedback to students in a timely fashion.
• Using appropriate technology, including Canvas and Starfish, to teach synchronous remote classes, if necessary.
The successful applicant must hold an earned academic degree (doctoral or masters level) in the discipline or a related field appropriate for the contracted teaching responsibilities.
Interested candidates should submit electronically a current CV and a cover letter to Gina MacKenzie, PhD, Associate Dean, School of Arts and Sciences, email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate institutions and three letters of recommendation will be required upon hire.
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTORS – School of Education
The teacher preparation program in the School of Education at Holy Family University has an upcoming need for adjunct instructors to supervise, coach and evaluate its teacher candidates in the field. All employees must understand the mission of Catholic higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
Qualified candidates will be experienced teachers and/or administrators with a solid command of instructional best practices and a strong commitment to mentoring. Eligible candidates will be available on week days for school-site supervisory visits. The successful applicant must hold an earned academic degree (doctoral or masters level) in the discipline or a related field.
Interested candidates should submit electronically a current CV, unofficial transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework, and cover letter to Stephen B. Young, PhD, Assistant Professor, School of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate institutions and three letters of recommendation will be required upon hire.
IT USER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The IT User Support Specialist is responsible for providing end user support, to include deploying and maintaining desktop computers, printers and related hardware, assisting faculty, staff and students, and maintaining records in support of helpdesk services. Also responsible for delivering, set-up, operation and retrieval of audiovisual equipment for classroom instruction and special events, and for providing video production services and administrative support for daily operation of audiovisual office. Creation of IDs for faculty, staff and students. All employees must understand the mission of Catholic higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Provide technical support for both AV and IT hardware. Assist maintaining the integrity of desktop computers through upgrades, support, and new technology implementation.
- Assist students and faculty with the use of AV and IT technology video filming, and editing utilizing Apple iMovie and FinalCut Pro.
- Hands-on equipment operation, set-up, and delivery. PC hardware set-up and troubleshooting of IT issues.
- Develop a complete understanding and keep up with technologies installed at Holy Family University.
- Video production, assist faculty with their use of Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier also assist with the production of department videos.
- Respond to faculty requests for computer lab assistance and AV classroom assistance.
- Administrative duties and other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains inventories, updates documentation, and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma plus one to two years in user support services or related experience required. An Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Demonstrates strong interest in technology. Willing and able to learn new technologies.
- Demonstrate proficiency in hardware installation and configuration.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and software problems.
- Interpersonal skills to interact well with users and colleagues.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows 7 and 10.
- Experience with the Internet and web applications.
- Basic understanding of WAN/LAN technology.
- Intermediate experience with audiovisual equipment operation.
- Basic video production skills (including recording, editing, lighting, and audio).
- Task orientated, attentive to detail, and demonstrate thorough work habits.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Managing specific software and hardware necessary for ID creation.
- A+, MSCE, Extron certificates desirable.
- Ability to lift and transport equipment (up to 50 lbs.) across campus in all weather conditions required.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to follow standard HFU IT documented procedures.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Qualified candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter, including hourly rate expectation, electronically to Holy Family University, email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For fullest consideration, all applicant materials should be received no later than July 16, 2020.