An emergency situation may include:
- Unconsciousness, allergic reactions, seizure, bodily injury, illness
- Self-inflicted serious bodily harm
- Identified clear physical danger to others (with or without a weapon)
- Suicide attempt/reasonable probability that a suicide attempt will be made
- Barricade or hostage situation
- A mental or physical state which causes imminent concern for safety
- A physical or sexual assault.
What to do in an Emergency Situation:
- Notify Holy Family University Public Safety at Northeast Campus 267-341-3333, Newtown 267-341-4011, or use the call boxes located in the hallways, stairwells, and/or parking lot.
- If you perceive the Emergency to be life threatening, obtain an outside line and Dial 911, giving complete details of the problem, including exact location. Notify Public Safety immediately after calling 911.
- State your name, current location, and this is an Emergency Situation.
- Briefly describe the situation.
- Public Safety will notify the appropriate officials, if needed, such as the Director of Health Services, Counseling Center, and/or Student Life; and will assess the situation for appropriate response to include emergency medical professionals, if needed.
- Remain calm, and create as non-disruptive a situation as possible.
- Dismiss class or other on-going activity if necessary.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE INFORMATION TO PUBLIC SAFETY WHEN CALLING DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE EMERGENCY, PLEASE STATE CODEWORD BLUE AND PROVIDE YOUR LOCATION.