Part of living well is eating well.
Dining options at Holy Family University are flexible, in keeping with the practical needs of our students and staff. We offer tiered meal plans to provide for the needs of commuters as well as those in residence. Our primary dining hall preparing fresh meals is the Tiger Café, found in the Campus Center. The smaller Cub Café is located in the Education Technology Building. Note that each facility maintains different hours and menus. We increasingly source foods from local providers whenever possible. If you have dietary preferences/restrictions, please tell us.
The most comprehensive meal plans we offer, residential students are required to purchase certain minimum numbers of meals, which will be placed on your meal plan card. This avoids the need to carry cash while offering discounts and incentives for quantity purchases.
Many of our students live in the surrounding communities or work at full-time jobs. These plans fit their requirements, providing fewer meals, but allow for cash-free convenience along with quantity discounts.
Hours of Operation
Tiger Café (Monday-Friday)
- Breakfast - 7:30 am - 10:30 am
- Continental Breakfast - 10:30 am - 11:00 am
- Lunch - 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Lite Lunch - 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Salad Bar/Deli Bar & On the Go items (non-meal plan)
- Dinner - 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
(Meal Swipes - Mon-Friday, up to 1 swipe per Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner periods. Lunch and Dinner are now all you can eat.)
Tiger Café (Saturday-Sunday)
- Brunch: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Lite Lunch: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Dinner: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
(Meal swipes - 1 swipe per Brunch and Dinner period.)
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am - 1:30 pm AND 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
(Meal Swipes - 1 swipe per Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner period.)
- Saturday-Sunday: Closed
Request a Catered Event
To request an event, please use the form below.
Culinary Gold Standards:
In keeping with contemporary nutritional and trends in food supply and dietary needs, we make an effort to keep to the Gold Standard. This involves:
- Sourcing more foods locally
- Reducing the amount of prepared foods
- Foods are prepared-to-order, or cooked in small batches as close to service as possible
- Fresh, organic, cage-free shelled eggs are available daily - cooked to-order
- Pizza dough is freshly made from scratch
- All entrée meats are roasted in-house
- Locally sourced or fresh ground beef is used for hamburgers and entrées
- Menus emphasize the use of fresh vegetables, fruits, legumes, and whole grains
- Vegan entrée selections are offered at all meals
- Soups and sauces are made from scratch and utilize fresh stock
- Fried entrées are hand-breaded
- Mashed potatoes are made from scratch using fresh, whole potatoes
- Fresh-cut French fries, using locally-grown potatoes when available, are offered at our grill daily
- A minimum of five seasonal fresh hand fruits are served daily
- Cookies and muffins are baked fresh daily in our kitchens